This NP5PRO Spring Training glove at

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
if that's a 12" softball then that glove looks like 12.25" at least.

what are the finger stalls on this one like? That would be the only thing keeping me away is if they are normal to large. Definitely need small stalls for most FP players.
I finally found the one flexible fabric tape measure here, but take it with a grain of salt, I absolutely suck at getting accurate measurements on ball gloves!

I’m using my gold standard to compare this NP5 to, my highly recommended 12” Don Morton Horween Pro1000.

The 11.75” NP5 taped right at 12”, and I mean a hair below. The 12” Pro1000 taped in just below 11.75”, definitely below! They need to reverse rolls with each other!

I have somewhat meaty, medium sized hands. When I unboxed this glove and put it on, I was a little surprised at how big and roomy the hand stall was for this size glove. Considerably larger than the Pro1000, and actually a little looser than my one size larger NP6. I’ve since re-laced the wrist closure to the tighter setting, and adjusted the thumb & pinky loops more to my liking, it’s like a transformed glove now that fits me perfectly!

jmdub, I honestly don’t think it’s a good candidate for a younger female, unless she has substantial hands! But not that it couldn’t be done........but this is really a man’s baseball glove, it’s just this pattern. If I remember correctly, Rous said years ago the NP pattern was known for having a larger hand stall than the same size glove in the Pro200 family. Manny Machado uses a NP5 and is very well known for having gigantic hands!

Recommending a high end, high quality glove to a female for softball infield, the nod would still go to the Pro1000. But I’ve got to say.........for ME, this NP5 just might replace the Pro1000, again, for me! I love the feel of this glove, and I personally like the NP pattern more for wearing traditional with index finger out.

11.75” NP5 on the left, and the 12” Pro1000 on the right..........
A51336D6-96CD-4FDF-A932-63E4C34239D9.jpeg

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
I’ve got to throw with both Anna and my son several times this week with this NP5, I’m really liking it! Works equally well with a baseball or softball, but with all the larger gloves I own, I’m liking this NP5 more with a baseball. But.......with the right girl, it would make a solid infield glove for someone willing to put in the work.

@pattar, after using it this week, yeah it’s a big 11.75” glove, not overly big, awesome pattern, but it‘s considerably larger than Marcela’s 12” Pro206 everywhere except maybe the palm.

This is a great glove for a dad who wants a super high quality glove to use with multiple kids who play both baseball and softball, it’ll last that dad easily forever!
85E9A6CC-80DD-4D45-B31A-DDDCF7A69F45.jpeg

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
Didn't want to start a new thread.........me, my wife, and my annoying little DD drove to college today (ALL DAY adventure) to clean out her dorm room, I can promise you her sophomore year she will NOT have that much stuff in that tiny dorm room! :rolleyes:

After the clutter was loaded into two vehicles, the dorm room was cleaned, she said "dad, I have to go to the field to return my jerseys and helmet, and get my bats, glove, and bat bag. Okay, I'm good with that, it was beautiful today after such a crazy, damaging, terrible storm last night!

This is for all you leather glove hating, bat loving, bats bats bats bats bats guys! She took me into LOCKED equipment room on the back side of the dugout, I've never been in there. I'm not sure if Core would have had a come apart, he's used to seeing large volumes of bats in one sitting, now Westwind, Eric, and coach James would have lost their mind!

Their was a square shaped barrel in the corner that had 60 bats in it, okay 50...........every Ghost, LXT, and Xeno ever made, saw a Freak Black, there was one 34" SRV4B Synergy and three of the 34" FP11ST10 purple Stealth's! I asked Anna if she was sure she wanted to come back next year, if not, back the truck down here to the dugout! :LOL:

Gloves are soooo much cooler than poor old bats that just get dumped in a barrel!

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
I never expected to like a 11.75” glove as much as I’m liking this one, although it‘s a big 11.75” glove! I’ve probably used it 12 to 15 times, tonight I did the one thing I always preach against, I conditioned the palm, heel, and heel binding earlier than I normally do, this thing is a brick!
47BC6F32-9E65-46DC-9007-64DBEB5B174A.jpeg4AC4F66D-4404-477B-B007-D94C354BCFCE.jpeg5A1DA419-83A4-44B7-BE43-3E755A9AEC5A.jpeg91DD84F3-807B-4F07-B705-1FC13ED7DA07.jpeg5C681BDC-4F4E-4D94-8BA2-4D97382BB783.jpeg

Dec 11, 2010
Hey I just saw the part about the bat bin!

Thats pretty wild. Surprised there are still some OG Eastons floating around there!

We used to go to a camp at a bigger school pretty regularly. There were big bins of LS bats there in their indoor cages, I always really wanted to root around and check out all the sizes and years...

Dec 11, 2010
And Happy 4th of July to you! I live out in the sticks up on a hill. The number of people celebrating with fireworks was amazing. It made me feel like we can all agree on at least one thing and we are going to be o.k.!

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
Seems I have the worst time / luck with Rawlings customs! My last NP6 custom was delayed forever by the last Gubment shutdown, well that's nothing!

Because of Covid my latest September RGGC buy in will now be pushed back to either November or December? Oh well, it'll be worth it, hopefully? I for now have a safe and healthy family, that's top priority for me right now! Who knows what the future holds.....none of us may ever need a ball glove again sometime in the near future? Man that was a buzzkill wasn't it?? :oops:

Anyway, here's the newest ordered NP6, somewhat out of the norm for me, never had blue on a ball glove before! Thinking about having another fire sale / glove dump and just keeping all my "NP" models and a few of my older goodies......seeing how this newest NP6 will be the last glove I ever buy!
4892bafb2bd6a726f1519f56ed6231c0dac948cdcfc83e1788d4008d0a9aa979.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802