Things College Softball Announcers Can Quit Saying

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Feb 15, 2017
Wisconsin Alabama game didnt know who the announcers were but they were complaining about how the SEC was shiny and new and was stealing recruits from Big12 schools which wasn't fair. And it wasn't fair that they were spending so much on softball

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

May 30, 2013
Binghamton, NY
If you really want to get hammered,
make a drinking game out of every time the young female announcer (pick one, they all over-do it...)
says the word "zone".

panthadad2

fastpitch pops
Jun 27, 2017
I watch a lot of PAC-12 and BG10. Many of the games don't make the main broadcasting channels and seem to use student announcers. It's not as smooth as pro announcers but I love it. Especially when the college baseball guys announce and compare and contrast the two sports or tell personal stories about their fellow softball students. It can be a riot.

Dec 11, 2010
Abbey Cheek at plate.
Announcer: “she got under that”.
Me “SHE GONE!!!”
Home run.

Cheek then hits another one out.
Announcer: “She got under that” for the second time.
Me: “Gone.”

He says “if she ever got all of that pitch it would go 350 feet.” Um, yeah. First Kentucky game you have watched dude?

Last edited:
Feb 14, 2014
Does anyone else feel like the ESPN announcers are overly in love with Florida? It’s almost on the same scale as Joe Buck’s infatuation with Aaron Rodgers.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

obbay

Banned
Aug 21, 2008
Boston, MA
Im still watching DVRd games, but on the bright side i havent been hearing explanations about “why she wears the mask...” that drove me friggin CRAZY!!
And the video is now capturing Barnhills leap and replant with reckless abandon, and no one cares! Why dont they have a discussion on Why arent the umpires calling such a flagrant violation? Last year When a Florida game was on, i would check to see who was pitching, if it was Gourley or Ocasio (who is a great athlete!) i would watch, otherwise it got deleted. Now that Gourley has graduated, i delete them all. Its Barnhills team and i have no interest, even though Ocasio is still great, maybe better than ever, (but i dont know cuz i dont watch the games:D)

Last edited:
Jun 8, 2016
Turn off the volume..problem solved. My old man hasn't listened to a national broadcast of the Celtics, Patriots,Red Sox or Bruins in 40 years. Turns off the volume and puts the radio on..prefers the homer announcers :D

Cannonball

Ex "Expert"
Feb 25, 2009
Tonight, we have the riseball breaking upward and the all important "late breaking riseball." Tonight that riseball has "jumped" a few times.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sstop28