Things College Softball Announcers Can Quit Saying 2022 Edition

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Dec 11, 2010
I tuned in late so I don’t know who it is but it sounds like Michelle “The Hair” who time travelled to Fayetteville from 1992.

I can tell she has been studying her old Right View Plus DVD Roms in her Mac.

ETA: It isn’t The Hair. It is merely a former player parroting something her coach said to clean up the hitting in the USSSA 11u Bronze Bracket championship in back in ’01.

Last edited:
Dec 2, 2013
Texas
The whole describing every little aspect of the game and possible decision making going on. They don't know how to banter back and forth. How about something interesting in the city/town you are in? Something funny that happened on the trip to the field? Don't need to be peppered with constant chatter. Dead space is okay.

Dec 11, 2010
The Alabama/Mizzou game is soooooo full of stuff to make fun of. I can’t type fast enough to keep up with these baboons slap rapping about Fouts.

Jun 8, 2016
The Alabama/Mizzou game is soooooo full of stuff to make fun of. I can’t type fast enough to keep up with these baboons slap rapping about Fouts.
I don’t have SECN so I googled baboons rapping but surprisingly I was unable to come up with any hits…disappointing (but I did find out there is a singer named Tony Baboon..who knew?)

Dec 11, 2010
I don’t have SECN so I googled baboons rapping but surprisingly I was unable to come up with any hits…disappointing (but I did find out there is a singer named Tony Baboon..who knew?)
I asked Chat GPT if baboons formed a band, what song would they sing. This is what I got. (You’ll have to animate this in your head using your favorite Disney baboons)

Jungle Jam

In the heart of the jungle, where the wild things roam, A baboon band gathers, ready to rock the throne. With a beat in their paws and a howl in their voice, They'll show you how baboons truly rejoice.

It's a Jungle Jam, come on and join the fun, Baboons in harmony, dancing under the sun. With their calls and their jumps, they'll make you sway, In this wild and vibrant serenade, every single day.

Their rhythm's contagious, you can't resist the sway, From branch to branch, they leap and play. They pound on the drums, the leaves shake and rattle, Their music echoes through the densest of battles.

Baboons in harmony, from dawn 'til dusk, Their melodies speak of adventure and trust. They sing of unity and their wild, free spirit, In their band, the jungle's symphony is merit.
Chorus: It's a Jungle Jam, come on and join the fun, Baboons in harmony, dancing under the sun. With their calls and their jumps, they'll make you sway, In this wild and vibrant serenade, every single day.

So if you ever venture deep into the wild, Listen closely to the baboons' playful style. Their song of togetherness, forever it will ring, In the heart of the jungle, where baboons sing.

Please note that this is a fictional creation, and the actual song baboons might sing, if they could, would likely be different.

TMD

Feb 18, 2016
Whenever I tune into a game where Michelle Smith is one of the announcers, I always play an "over/under" game with myself...how long before she says "backdoor curve". I usually set it at 4 1/2 minutes, and the under usually wins.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RunnerOn2