Things College Softball Announcers Can Quit Saying 2022 Edition

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 8, 2016
My old man was convinced that Dick Stockton hated the Celtics so whenever they were on and he was announcing he would turn off the audio on the TV and turn on the radio and listen to Johnny Most who wasn't biased at all...

Oct 14, 2019
The most cringeworthy announcing I heard all year was 2 male announcers speculating on why female athletes suffer more ACL injuries than male athletes (don’t even know if this is true). Might have been Kennesaw St v Samford. The production value on ESPN+ for non P5 games is pretty low.

Apr 20, 2015
Anything that has to do with a male sport ever during a female softball broadcast. I do not care are about how softball compares to baseball

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feb 15, 2017
The most cringeworthy announcing I heard all year was 2 male announcers speculating on why female athletes suffer more ACL injuries than male athletes (don’t even know if this is true). Might have been Kennesaw St v Samford. The production value on ESPN+ for non P5 games is pretty low.
The stat is very true, women suffer ACL injuries at a rate greater than men. And women are more likely to have injuries during their menstrual cycle.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Dec 11, 2010
“She does a great job of staying inside the ball. We always talk about hitting the top inside corner of the ball”. Smitty Standard Homerun Comment #3. Dangit. Bet she was trying to hit a oppo grounder but screwed up and hit a hr instead.

Just listened to Lyn and Yvette. They just talk. They tell you what is going on and what the batter did last time. They have stats ready to disseminate.

Meanwhile all we get from “the A team” in Alabama is pure drivel. Back door curve, so in so is a sophomore, fascinating. The Tide this, The Tide that, Montana, Montana, Montana, Montana….. You could use an Ask The 8 Ball toy and get better comments accidentally.

Reactions: #10
Oct 3, 2019
That Tom Brady says Maya Brady is the best athlete in the family. He never said that about her. He said it about his sister.

Jun 6, 2016
Chicago

I think, in many cases, they're just broadcasting students from the home college. At least I hope that's the case. They often seem to have very little knowledge about softball/baseball. It's great if you want to hear two frat boys be very confused about basic situations.

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
Michelle Smith continually using "oppo" rather than saying opposite is driving me nuts. "She was trying to go oppo." instead of saying She was trying to go the opposite way.

I've never heard anyone else use that phrase, thankfully.

Dec 2, 2013
Texas
Watching DD's game online during the last game of the series in the 6th inning the announcer notices our slappers. The announcer says they are walking into the pitch and he has never seen such a thing. We have 3 slappers in the lineup.

Jun 20, 2015
whoever decided that michelle Smith is the #1 color analyst is a moron. there are at least 3 others that offer more insight and are wrong less often. Danelle Lawrie, Madison Shipmen and Amanda Scarborough. Kayla Braud and Jenny Dalton-Hill aren't bad at all either.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coopdog