TheOfficial Stupid Softball Parents Thread

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 23, 2016
Last year when DD was in 8U a parent and an AC with her team got into a shoving match after a game. The AC was someone DD adores, and while he didn't shove first he was definitely an instigator.

The fight was over something stupid, and in full view of all of the kids. After that, I could see that DD was a little scared of the AC. She had never seen a physical fight up close before, and it took months before she could even talk to that AC again.

I can't imagine how much worse it would have been for a child to see a parent in that situation. Those poor girls.

Apr 5, 2013
Back on the dirt...
We play in a local league that is in All Stars Tourney currently. Last night one of our moms was cursed at ( EFF U) by one of the 12U players after a game.

The League she was from almost got shut down during the season by LL due to parents actions towards officials. Apple doesnt fall far from the tree.

WARRIORMIKE

Pro-Staff Everything
Oct 5, 2009
At the Jewel in San Diego
A1FXP6F.jpg

Last edited:

sluggers

Super Moderator
Staff member
May 26, 2008
Dallas, Texas
Our newest entry in the Stupid Parent Hall of Shame comes from Cypress, Texas. Cypress ranks 50th in the top 100 highest-income urban areas in the United States. Reminds me of Naperville, Illinois and Southlake, Texas...where kids never suffer consequences for their actions.

This guy sets a new standard for "total idiot"...

An older woman is shooting a video of a boy acting like an a**hole during a softball game. The boy gives the woman the finger. Then, the boy's father comes storming after the woman to protect his son. More proof that "the apple doesn't fall far from the tree."

The guy is James Schmidt, but his nickname is...wait for it...Bubba. Wow. Who would've thought a total jackass would be called Bubba?

Here is a story:

Softball Coach Charged after Attacking Grandmother

They apparently put out an "all points bulletin" for Bubba...seems like if you really wanted to find him you would check out the concession stand or the nearest bar selling Italian beef.

Wonder what would have happened if [MENTION=1586]sparky[/MENTION], [MENTION=7343]coach james[/MENTION] or [MENTION=10413]riseball[/MENTION] would have heard one of their children yelling profanities at a softball game? (I shudder to think of [MENTION=938]Cannonball[/MENTION]'s reaction.)

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/FCVvFk1gb50" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Last edited:

Cannonball

Ex "Expert"
Feb 25, 2009
Sluggers, my reaction would not have been good. Ken might remember me mentioning a team from his area who did tried to take a cheap shot at my daughter back in the day. One big girl bunted and as my daughter attempted to field the ball, the bunter/runner ran at my dd while the runner on 1st came at her from the backside. BB put both of them on the ground. BB is not small. Then, this coach came out after BB. He didn't make it since I took him down. The umpires called the game, that team was thrown out of the tournament and BB was unhurt so all was good.

Dec 5, 2012
Mid West
I probably would have showed a side of myself that I'm not proud of.... I saw this story on FB earlier this week... Bubba is now famous for all the wrong reasons!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802