TheOfficial Stupid Softball Parents Thread

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

sluggers

Super Moderator
Staff member
May 26, 2008
Dallas, Texas
So many comments...so little time.

• No doubt fighting over the last Polish sausage at the concession stand.
  • I went to a fight last night and a softball game broke out.
  • Parent trying to explain this to child: "Honey, when two grown men start yelling at each other at a 12U softball game, they sometimes give each other a special hug."
  • At about 12 seconds into the video, one parent (goatee and hat) kicks a guy laying on the ground. Then, he spends the rest of the video trying to make sure the really big dude in the white shirt doesn't kill him.
  • From 12 to 16 seconds, there is a woman throwing gloves at the men. Couldn't she at least have picked up a bat?
  • At 46 seconds, the two groups of parents face off like the Sharks and the Jets in West Side Story..."Easy, Action!"
  • What is the deal with the "red shirts and black pants" thing?
  • And what would a bubba brawl be if a moon doesn't come out?
  • Looks like this is the most physical activity these guys have had in a few years...

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/_a5Hac8tQLw" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Attachments

• mang1.JPG
    mang1.JPG
    7.4 KB · Views: 245
Last edited:
Sep 29, 2010
Knoxville, TN
Unfortunately, this happened about an hour and a half from me. It’s really sad to see 12 year olds trying too get their dads to quit being asses. Popular venue for B/C teams in Northeast TN. These remarkable parents were from NC and VA from what I was told.

Jun 10, 2010
midwest
That is soo funny and so sad at the same time. Glad they aren't in good shape....fight wasn't going to last long!

I recently finished a development travel team. First year we started late, girls were 12-16, did off season during season and didn't have a lot of tournaments...we were really really bad.

Second year we had to move up to 18U which put us against mostly select teams.

We were in a elimination game...against one of the top select teams in the area. First inning....My 5'2" girl comes up and clobbers one for her first HR, which was a grand slam. 3 batters later...another 5'0" girl hits her first HR...3 run HR. We jumped out to a 7-0 lead. The opposing coaches were pissed. They really started acting up and really acted like arses to the umpires from there on.

During one of their fits with umps....I was on third...pondering that these two had hit their first HR...eating my sunflower seeds. I heard someone directly behind me say....
"I have your back Bobby". I turned around and one of my players mom was in a guarded military position protecting me from the other coaches. :) I politely told her thank you, but I am ok...you have to leave the field or they will kick me out of the game.

She had never seen REALLY upset coaches. It was hilarious and she made a friend for life. She was an ex policewoman.

This team must not be liked much...every other coach came up and congratulated us and thanked us for knocking them out of the tournament. And every one of them had to shake the hand of the mom. :)

Jun 8, 2016
The worse part of that whole video is that poor little girl crying and trying to grab (I am assuming) her dad to keep him from getting involved....

I have to wonder if youth sports would be much more fun for many kids if parents gave their kid a hug, told them they loved them and then just dropped their kids off at the games....

Last edited:
Jun 10, 2010
midwest
Unfortunately, this happened about an hour and a half from me. It’s really sad to see 12 year olds trying too get their dads to quit being asses. Popular venue for B/C teams in Northeast TN. These remarkable parents were from NC and VA from what I was told.

Did you hear if anything happened after that? Did police come in droves? Parents kicked out?

Feb 4, 2015
Massachusetts
The worse part of that whole video is that poor little girl crying and trying to grab (I am assuming) her dad to keep him from getting involved....

I have to wonder if youth sports would be much more fun for many kids if parents gave their kid a hug, told them they loved them and then just dropped their kids off at the games....

Her dad (orange hat) was the one who escalated the whole thing. You can see him throwing a sucker punch at a guy who was looking the other way at the beginning.

Oct 2, 2015
Not much boxing there...more of a wrasslin' match...

I do think I saw a couple of b!tch slaps though...:D

Jun 8, 2016
Her dad (orange hat) was the one who escalated the whole thing. You can see him throwing a sucker punch at a guy who was looking the other way at the beginning.

Yeah I didn't study it as well as you apparently..:cool: Still feel bad for the kid though..not her fault her old man is an idiot.

Nov 29, 2009

Every coaches dream. A team full of orphans.

Nov 26, 2010
Michigan
Hard to tell, but in general these things are 2-4 guys fighting and 12 guys trying to pull them away and it ends up looking like 16 guys brawling. So in general it looks a lot worse then it is, and its bad to begin with.

In 11 years of softball, 6 years of volleyball, 6 years of basketball, 2 years of track, 7 years of baseball and a combined 17 years of soccer. I have never seen a physical fight between parents, and only a couple of pushing matches between players (boys). 90% of the time there is no tension and 9% the tension is because one team thinks the ump is ripping them off and 1% because someone got hit by a pitch, or someone got run into on the basepaths.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802