TheOfficial Stupid Softball Parents Thread

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Nov 29, 2009
Had a good one. Sunday morning. A parent texted the HC and told him their DD would not be at practice this morning. They were still celebrating Thanksgiving. :confused:

May 15, 2016
Stupid parent who almost lost a tournament game for his DD's team.

The team, which my DD played on, was down by two runs, and it was getting close to drop dead time. Our team was on the field. Runner on third, when the batter popped up to the pitcher. Pitcher caught the ball, and looked over to the runner, who remained at the bag. The crazy father ran from the parent's area to just behind the dugout yelling "three outs, come on girls, get off the field hurry." The girls hesitated, confused. The pitcher dropped the ball and started walking to the first base dugout, along with few other infielders, including the third baseman. The HC started yelling to get back, it was only the second out. The girls realized what was going on, and hustled back to position. We were lucky the runner at third was just as confused as everyone else, and didn't break for home. She would have made it easily if she had tried.

They got the next batter out, and were able to score two runs before drop dead, and salvage a tie.

He continued to be loud for the rest of the season, with his attempts to encourage the girls, never yelled in a negative way. Even so, I was amazed that father was allowed to attend any more of the games after almost causing the team to lose.

Jun 11, 2013
My favorite was a Dad came up to me during a game and asked if Iscore could calculate how many pop flies we hit in the last game. I told him I wasn't sure. He said
that we shouldn't hit so many as they were easy outs. I was new to this team so I didn't know if he was serious. I wanted to say that "you know we aren't doing that on
purpose", but told him I was going to give the line drive sign more the next game.

He is the same guy who had a daughter who was a pretty good pitcher. He always yelled at her to throw strikes. We worked hard to convince her that we didn't always want to throw a strike. One game she threw an 0-2 pitch about 4 inches off the corner at the knees right at the spot we called. PU called it a ball (which it was). Everything is quiet and we hear him yell "come on we need to throw strikes". DD was catching and just stared at him for 5 seconds and shook her head.

May 15, 2016
My favorite was a Dad came up to me during a game and asked if Iscore could calculate how many pop flies we hit in the last game. I told him I wasn't sure. He said
that we shouldn't hit so many as they were easy outs. I was new to this team so I didn't know if he was serious. I wanted to say that "you know we aren't doing that on
purpose", but told him I was going to give the line drive sign more the next game.

He is the same guy who had a daughter who was a pretty good pitcher. He always yelled at her to throw strikes. We worked hard to convince her that we didn't always want to throw a strike. One game she threw an 0-2 pitch about 4 inches off the corner at the knees right at the spot we called. PU called it a ball (which it was). Everything is quiet and we hear him yell "come on we need to throw strikes". DD was catching and just stared at him for 5 seconds and shook her head.

That is a great story.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sstop28