The unwritten rules of baseball/softball

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 12, 2015
There are two versions of "unwritten rules" in my opinion. The first revolve around class, professionalism, and respect for the game. I am completely in favor of those. An example going against these would be when Arod was running from 2nd to 3rd on a pop up and yelled when he got behind the 3rd baseman, attempting to district him. In my opinion, that was bush league. The second type of unwritten rules are those that you are speaking of, and I am not a fan of those. If you don't like bat flips, the solution is simple; don't give up a homer. If you want to prove your point to the other team, do it on the scoreboard.

I'm not even going to pretend I can relate to what it's like to be an MLB player, or play at the older age groups. My DD is only 10 and I know at this age you're not going to see pitchers hitting girls on purpose much. Heck half the pitchers at this age will get a call for an inside pitch and throw it down the middle; not sure many of them could hit a batter if they tried. lol But...we've played a few teams this spring who just have really poor sportsmanship. Over the top even. And there's one team that is a bit of a rival to one of our players, due to coming up in rec together. She tends to get a little crazy about them, and we all get a little crazy over teams that are really poor sports. My advice to the kids: show them on the field. Get great hits off their pitcher. Make clean plays and get them out. Don't stoop to their level. You can't control how other people act, but you have 100% control over how you behave. JMO.

Oct 11, 2010
Chicago, IL
8U we had an Issue, at least 1 member of our leaques board had to be at a game if we played each other. :)

I think DD was 12 when comish sent an Email to all the 8U parents informing them he was going to start throwing players off the teams if to did not stop, he put the issue right on parents. I should have saved it, it was a great email. He was not talking about me or DD, it was the other parents.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ra1449