The temperature in Tucson.

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Mar 13, 2010
The humidity was at 8%, yesterday. Having lived in IL. for 50 years, I will take the desert heat, over humidity any day. Lozza, I am in the middle of the desert, with lots of cactus. Much of southern AZ. is on fire (actually) and it is out of control. Many people have lost their homes. The scrub brush just makes the area a kindle box.
I've lived in both (Sydney is very humid, on some days I'd get home from school and my uniform would be sticking to me. Perth is a very dry heat, which is very hard to adjust to as an adult. I've had nights where I couldn't fall asleep) but either one really sucks.

I didn't know about the fires (do you call them bushfires?) They're horrible, evil things. We have them every year, it's just tragic.

We're staying in the 90s here. Had a fabulous thunderstorm blow through last night and this morning. All it did was make the mosquitoes grow another inch or so and raise that humidity! School ball practiced last week from 3-6. DD called and said she felt like she was going to pass smooth out. By that point, not even an hour into practice, they were all in the dugout sucking down water. She had her frog toggs and it was a blessing - they really cooled her down. Needless to say, he called practice and everyone went home to swim or soak up the a/c. It's just plain hot - no way of getting around it. I guess the heat, humidity and mosquitoes are the price we pay here to live in the South - well, that and cold watermelon! :)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
winters3478