The switch to IR, What to expect?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 2, 2019
My DD first IR lesson they didn't even get to a full pitch. Just warm up drills. The next day she wants to try it out, so I get the bucket out. Mind you, we haven't pitched all season because the team was set with pitchers and she was last man added to the roster. Not only was she throwing strikes, but she was hitting spots. Blew me away. Her only pitching experience prior was group lessons and rec league. She's already a better pitcher with IR and hasn't even thrown a full pitch in lessons. Can't wait to see what she's doing after a few more lessons.

Oct 4, 2018
My DD first IR lesson they didn't even get to a full pitch. Just warm up drills. The next day she wants to try it out, so I get the bucket out. Mind you, we haven't pitched all season because the team was set with pitchers and she was last man added to the roster. Not only was she throwing strikes, but she was hitting spots. Blew me away. Her only pitching experience prior was group lessons and rec league. She's already a better pitcher with IR and hasn't even thrown a full pitch in lessons. Can't wait to see what she's doing after a few more lessons.

Peaks and valleys.

Prepare yourself for a roller coaster of performance. :)

Jun 8, 2019
Sounds like my daughters issues - what was the suggested fix in your daughter's case?
Quoted straight from her PC, "Keep working on pulling the upper arm into her rib cage and then pull the hand through. She keeps trying to throw the ball when her hand is behind the hip instead of passing it."

Hope this helps!

Jan 3, 2019
Florida
Three weeks if you work on it almost daily. That’s how long it will data.

Sample Size = 1
I can attest to this. It took my DD about 3 weeks just working on the mechanics 15-20 min every day, I wasn't even worried about accuracy as once they "get it", it comes naturally. She dealt with shoulder impingement on a regular basis until we switched to IR and has since been relatively pain free. I still have to remind her every now and then to make sure she's "pulling down", but when she gets it right, boy oh boy, that mitt pops!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Go_Ask_Mom