The road to the circle!

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Nov 8, 2018
View attachment 15967

Missing dot and cover here.

To start, I’d suggest unlocking the legs—especially the back leg. Allow the back foot to roll up onto the toe which will help her a ton with posture and put the hip in the perfect spot to receive the inside of the elbow.

Yup I see the same
Thing. Hard without slow motion.
90f721919476ab4dba9416137262f17f.jpg

All good here from an arm position standpoint.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nov 8, 2018
View attachment 15967

Missing dot and cover here.

To start, I’d suggest unlocking the legs—especially the back leg. Allow the back foot to roll up onto the toe which will help her a ton with posture and put the hip in the perfect spot to receive the inside of the elbow.

866f32390a7809fe52f01834b65b0a58.jpg

Then misses the mark.

Dec 22, 2019
March 2020 Update...pardon our county setup, she’s pitching into a tarp in the middle of our wood pile!

She’s recently grown a bit...no increase in speed...still sitting at ~40mph. She’s done so much work to get rid of the leap but it still creeps in. Secondly, working on front side resistance. Tell me what you see!

May 15, 2008
Cape Cod Mass.
She looks pretty good for her age. More front side resistance will help. I see too much glove swim, it makes her close a little too early. And let that arm go after release, she kind of freezes after letting the ball go.

Dec 22, 2019
She looks pretty good for her age. More front side resistance will help. I see too much glove swim, it makes her close a little too early. And let that arm go after release, she kind of freezes after letting the ball go.

Yes, more FSR is a current focus!
Glove swim: thank you!
Yes to the arm whip...she definitely is stopping sharply in these videos and I’ve not noticed that before! Any cues or threads her that talk about that? THANK YOU!

Nov 8, 2018
March 2020 Update...pardon our county setup, she’s pitching into a tarp in the middle of our wood pile!

She’s recently grown a bit...no increase in speed...still sitting at ~40mph. She’s done so much work to get rid of the leap but it still creeps in. Secondly, working on front side resistance. Tell me what you see!

bae6c106298fcb478dfc4c49ae96d232.jpg

Notice here palm to third. Not the worst but palm never gets up. Couldn’t see her hand at 12. Need to be in show it position.

Nov 8, 2018

ff0ff00084d313d5051afd6ac753c150.jpg

See how her chest is completely at catcher on release. Strive for 45. Gets some bend in that arm at release and see if you can fix the glove swim. That will all help.

End of the day she is 9. Doing great. Work the basics. Read the stickies and work fundamentals. Drive, palm up, glove, body position, IR , all the resistance points. She will improve.

May 9, 2019
Her knee needs to straighten out to create better FSR. Also, just my opinion, others may disagree, but she needs to get a bit more open during the stride. Have her turn her foot in a bit more to achieve that.
If she's 9, and just started pitching, and is reaching around 40mph, that's pretty damn good.

BigSkyHi

All I know is I don't know
Jan 13, 2020
This Youtube offers a lot to help the young ones figure out their game. - Softball Pitching Instruction progression drills

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sstop28