the PowerPush

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Mar 7, 2012
PA
Has anyone used this training aid? How do you feel about it.

I have a pitcher who pivots her foot and is losing pushoff power. Is it worth the $50, or should I attempt to make one myself.

May 17, 2012
Make one yourself out of plywood. Total cost is a few dollars.

I had a pitcher with the same issue, it worked great. If she turned her foot the powerpush would dislodge which provided instant feedback.

Just make sure you notch it underneath so it sits down on the rubber.

Jun 18, 2010
For DD turning the pivot foot at push off was the symptom. There were two problems 1)not getting her hips over or in front of her pivot foot before the push and 2) not starting with her shoulders square (she picked up a bad habit in her pre-motion). Try turning your pivot foot when 70% of your center of mass is over it.

PowerPush_000.jpg

DD had a problem with the power push being effective based on the way she starts her pivot foot. She follows the Hillhouse advice and starts with the heal of her pivot foot against the front of the pitcher plate. The power push did not extent far enough forward to provide the intended feedback.

IMHO, fix the launch position, to fix the pivot foot. If you do build your own experiment with the length that extends forward from the pitcher's plate. We had better results with Starsnuffer's suggestion of sitting a softball next to her foot as an indicator if she was turning her foot early.

Mar 11, 2009
Here you go, joined with pocket hole's. Very strong and works great. click attchment for bigger view:
PowerPush.jpg

Carly

Pitching Coach
May 4, 2012
Pittsburgh
For some people it's a really great training aid, but if the pitcher pivots her foot late sometimes it doesn't help. I agree that making it is really easy; in fact, I just sandwich the kid's foot between 2 heavy bricks. Then you can use a normal rubber that's properly sunk into the ground, or practice without a rubber (not recommended, but I know sometimes you need to practice in a random spot or not practice at all). It's also a good way to see if this aid will work for the pitcher before you bother building something.

Mar 11, 2009
All the Power Drive does is help the trail foot from turning and dragging too soon and acting like an anchor.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Go_Ask_Mom