The nicest compliment a coach can get

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Ken Krause

Administrator
Admin
May 7, 2008
Mundelein, IL
I was talking to the mom of one of my students tonight, a girl named Lauren, and she told me one of those stories that makes me glad to be a coach.

Lauren had her high school tryouts last week. When she came in for her Monday lesson she was kind of down. She didn't feel like she had done well and was a little concerned about her chances. We had a pretty good lesson, I gave her a few words of encouragement, and she went home.

Tonight her mom told me it was just what she needed. She woke up Tuesday morning all pumped up, and went in and nailed her tryout.

As coaches we spend a lot of our time working on the mechanics and physical skills. We sometimes forget about the mental part. Boosting a player's self-esteem can sometimes do more for them than a whole boat full of drills. It's important to remember that that's a big part of the job. And when you're successful it's a great feeling!

More...

Apr 12, 2009
I've always thought the best compliment I ever got as a coach was at tryouts the next year. If all girls I coached the previous year came out to tryouts, I did something right.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802