The little guys(BATS)

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 19, 2012
We talk many times on this forum about the big players in the game Easton Louisville Slugger Rawlings Demarini Mizuno the list goes on. But has anyone tried the smaller companies such as

Dirty South
Dngr
Kamo
Midnight
Lady swag

Monsta
M-18
M-20
Video of the new m-20 exit speeds test vs name brand bats. Take or leave it for what its about.

Boombah

I know the next 2 are not considered by most as small but they are less know might fit in a category with Mizuno.
Axe
Avenge

Avenge lite

Marucci
Catfx
Cat fx connect

Taking everything out of the equation just speaking on performance would love to hear if you have tried them out your thoughts.

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
I can honestly say no, the only bat manufacturer we've owned outside the mainstream is Anderson, and between the Rocketech and the Nanotek, probably owned 7 or 8 of them.

Aug 16, 2019
NORTH TEXAS
My dd has had the axe avenge for year and half now. took her a couple sessions to get used to the grip but after she did she loved it. She still uses it as our usssa bat. I was concerned originally about the one sided hitting and breaking, but no cracks or breaks yet. She has over 5000 swings easily on the bat. Paint has come off where she hits the ball on the one side but other than that no issues.. Not as hot as her 2018 blue ghost

Apr 25, 2019
While I do not have any info on the bats named above, I have a little information about Miken. In 8u, my DD swung a Miken Halo Light. It was a drop 12.5 so it was really light. Had decent pop for 8u. At the time, it was more than we had ever spent on a bat (~$130). Overall it was a pretty good starter bat until we knew for a fact that TB was going to be for us.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
Miken is by no means a small company, prob the biggest name in slowpitch....they just quit making fp years
ago to let all the fp products go under the Rawlings umbrella.

I have only heard by name of Dirty South bats. I don't think they have maneuvered much outside of their Georgia area.
Kinda tells me nothing above and beyond to write home about.

Anarchy is a bat that has taken off very fast recently in slowpitch. Prob only because Smash it pimps their stuff
hot and heavy now and think they are invested in it actually. If they weren't involved with them, prob wouldn't be as big right now. They haven't gotten into fp yet I don't think so you guys prob haven't heard much yet.

Monsta is huge in slowpitch. All I caution is the Monsta militia loves their hype. The militia will never say anything bad,
even if you question shipping, you get banned from their pages....hahaha. I don't trust anything posted by Monsta. The bats are only ASA legal and very expensive for no return bats...you have to buy a return. Not that the bats aren't good, not saying that. Customer service is a wreck...never know if you order a bat if you are getting it in a month, or a year...and you pay when you order...not when it ships. Never seen a guy repaint and rename so many bats and the Militia just keeps buying. Plus, the owner is def not
customer friendly lets put it. Good products though!

Axe...not a fan. I didn't see much of anything when I hit them at all. Passed on them.

Marucci...they need to work on their products and where they think they are right now. They are a wood bat company who
bought Victus as well. Wood bats are top notch. They just don't have great tech in their bats, but still try to sell
for big company money. I consider their FX "ok". Good bp bat...but way too much money for what it is. And yes, I sell
them, and that's still my take on them.

Last edited:
Apr 28, 2019
We talk many times on this forum about the big players in the game Easton Louisville Slugger Rawlings Demarini Mizuno the list goes on. But has anyone tried the smaller companies such as

Dirty South
Dngr
Kamo
Midnight
Lady swag

Monsta
M-18
M-20
Video of the new m-20 exit speeds test vs name brand bats. Take or leave it for what its about.

Boombah

I know the next 2 are not considered by most as small but they are less know might fit in a category with Mizuno.
Axe
Avenge

Avenge lite

Marucci
Catfx
Cat fx connect

Taking everything out of the equation just speaking on performance would love to hear if you have tried them out your thoughts.

I would say stick with what works. I understand the need to be “different” but there is a risk involved.
The Wilson, Demarini, Rawlings, & Easton brands are all tried & true.
If your looking for something different that you don’t see a ton of I would suggest Anderson, Mizuno, & Marucci.

Oct 4, 2018
Girl on our team has a Dirty South bat. No other girls every ask her about it, want to borrow it, etc. *shrug*

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
That's tells me one of two things...1) the bat doesn't hit that great to make the girls wanna try it OR 2) the girl
isn't that great so the bat isn't making people wanna try it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802