The latest guru on Twitter

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
Thanks FP, as ruff as this can be i am still willing to do it to gain more knowledge.
hannawaistgiff.gif
i was trying to improve her swing. AS best i could at the time.

I like the direction idea, swing thought, and i understand "lag" and the feeling of the forearm. wrist load barrel load, swing thoughts, i need more input, not dogging but useful information.

hannanodraggif.gif

She grasped the concept and feeling of the loading the barrel and direction. staying above and inside the ball, fighting to keep the barrel up.

So you just gave her a direction cue? That was it?

I like the after swing.Much improved. Is she using a split grip? Her new hand action has helped but is out of sequence IMO. Iow her hands are loading too soon which causes the core to be a pusher instead of a puller. She is a little on her front side because of this also. There’s nothing resisting late to balance her up. When fixed she will have dynamic balance and her swing from transition to contact will be tighter and more direct(shorter). My .02.

Jun 17, 2009
Portland, OR
Thanks FP, as ruff as this can be i am still willing to do it to gain more knowledge.
hannawaistgiff.gif

I like the direction idea, swing thought, and i understand "lag" and the feeling of the forearm. wrist load barrel load, swing thoughts, i need more input, not dogging but useful information.

hannanodraggif.gif

She grasped the concept and feeling of the loading the barrel and direction. staying above and inside the ball, fighting to keep the barrel up.

I see more of this here ....

Drag_It.gif

... in the top swing.

By the way, what was it you were instructing this girl to do when you had her do this?

Oct 10, 2011
Pacific Northwest
So you just gave her a direction cue? That was it?

I like the after swing.Much improved. Is she using a split grip? Her new hand action has helped but is out of sequence IMO. Iow her hands are loading too soon which causes the core to be a pusher instead of a puller. She is a little on her front side because of this also. There’s nothing resisting late to balance her up. When fixed she will have dynamic balance and her swing from transition to contact will be tighter and more direct(shorter). My .02.

Wonder advise! thats why i like this place. thank you

Jul 16, 2013
Pennsylvania
hannawaistgiff.gif

hannanodraggif.gif

Nice improvements mann. Some very positive differences.

Aug 1, 2008
ohio
hannawaistgiff.gif

hannanodraggif.gif

Very nice improvements mann….good job.

One small adjustment.. Go from flat bat to standing it up taller verses tall to flat...JMO
I have them start the bat around the ear hole on angle, then stand it up a little bit on the load. That gives you a more direct path through the ball. The other way creates a bit of a circular swing, and many times you wont hit it as hard....

Straightleg

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802