The latest guru on Twitter

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 10, 2011
Pacific Northwest
At this point in my teaching the swing i believe that the red dot in this clip represents barrel loading,
jdfiregif.gif

i teaching a "feeling" in some sessions. the feeling is that forearm load, as you are seeking "direction". Wrist "deviation" "serving pizza" "throttle"

The feeling is intensified if you bend wrist, AND extend v . she is "feeling" the tensions building in that arm.

Oct 10, 2011
Pacific Northwest
You can release "early" as in JD's swing, or you can resist the release on off speed the tensions building with a late release such as in this pic.

Williams_Radially_Deviated.jpg

I can post a video but i am out of time

Jun 17, 2009
Portland, OR
At this point in my teaching the swing i believe that the red dot in this clip represents barrel loading,
jdfiregif.gif

i teaching a "feeling" in some sessions. the feeling is that forearm load, as you are seeking "direction". Wrist "deviation" "serving pizza" "throttle"

The feeling is intensified if you bend wrist, AND extend v . she is "feeling" the tensions building in that arm.

The question is ... what was your instruction to this girl relative to what she is demonstrating in the segment below.

Drag_It.gif

Why was it she was happy and dancing after performing what is shown above? Did she replicate what you were after and what was it she was trying to replicate?

Apr 11, 2015
jdfiregif.gif

Mann, if you're focusing on the red dot (which is good btw), then what does the young lady need to do to match the red dot (and red line) of Josh's video? I hope we can agree that if the young lady had a red dot on her bat, and the line it would make would be much different than Josh's at the moment.
Drag_It.gif

Cannonball

Ex "Expert"
Feb 25, 2009
jdfiregif.gif

Because we seem to have different terms, cues, meanings, etc. when discussing hitting, this video demonstrates what I call "coming into connection, riding connection for a very brief time and then coming off the merry go round (when the path turns green)

Oct 10, 2011
Pacific Northwest
Thanks FP, as ruff as this can be i am still willing to do it to gain more knowledge.
hannawaistgiff.gif
i was trying to improve her swing. AS best i could at the time.

I like the direction idea, swing thought, and i understand "lag" and the feeling of the forearm. wrist load barrel load, swing thoughts, i need more input, not dogging but useful information.

hannanodraggif.gif

She grasped the concept and feeling of the loading the barrel and direction. staying above and inside the ball, fighting to keep the barrel up.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coopdog