The latest guru on Twitter

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Sep 7, 2017
RDBASS

Yes I see the heel up before launch in 2 of these.

But do YOU see the adduction before the supination?

I sure as hell do!'

SNAP NOW is not good! supination as a teach is not good!

I have not tested this on anyone above 17 years old. It may be something an older athlete doesn't do...But the thought of supination before all else causes kids to flatten and get to steep!

I had a kid continually swing and miss. I set a pool noodle behind him and every time he hit the pool noodle and got to steep he missed...I told him keep hands higher...Miss the noodle...Think swing down,.,Not chop down. I also believe that supination or snap it now delays the turn TO THE BALL

The noodle was not set up like a tee that's higher than the tee in front. I know it sounds like im saying chop down but what im saying is when you teach that Teacherman or GriT swing YOU REALLY HAVE TO WATCH THE DUMP OF THE BARREL and the over wall drill promotes a VERY steep swing

Don't chop down

But don't swing straight up

The kid improved a lot...The supination creates a very long swing

Sep 7, 2017
rdbass

My launch is later than yours im guessing

The hand doesn't supinate until after launch

The fact of the matter is the rear leg is getting unweighted a lot earlier than the one legged swing model that's going around.

Sep 7, 2017
Ah my friend, love it when you get all sensitive...

I played ball all my life, with that being said, I am definitely no instructor, See ball, hit ball is what I was taught. However, the problems that D up explained in his post is exactly the issues my DD experienced. I've said it many times before this post that the result of my DD turning the barrel resulted in a steep angle that she was unable to recover from. Seems like she's not the only one.

The steep angle is to hit the ball in the air . The fact is this angle creates a swing that hits the ball in the ground very often.

Teaching supination first is bad...the mindset of the barrel goes rearward first is bad.

The barrel travels rearward I know that. But its not by focusing on swinging backwards...again it delays the swivel.

Sep 7, 2017
The girl is the best view.

Look at the rear arm and see how the hand is not supinated...very obvious

May 12, 2016
The steep angle is to hit the ball in the air . The fact is this angle creates a swing that hits the ball in the ground very often.

Teaching supination first is bad...the mindset of the barrel goes rearward first is bad.

The barrel travels rearward I know that. But its not by focusing on swinging backwards...again it delays the swivel.

what do you mean by this?

"But do YOU see the adduction before the supination? "

Sep 7, 2017
Thought I was going crazy, so glad that others are experiencing the things outlined in this post. It's exactly what my kid experienced when snapping/turning the barrel from go. Ruined an entire year at the plate trying to master this and even thought she doesn't practice this anymore, there is some kind of power leakage in her swing that I can't put a finger on.

D up, I would love to know in greater detail (common man terms) of the swing you promote. I understand you can't post vids of the kids you teach, but maybe you can grab a couple of vids of successful hitters and explain frame by frame??

Focus on a reactive swing

Focus on turning the barrel to the ball

don't FOCUS ON SNAPPING THE BAT REARWARD

What worked for most is the felling of the bat down to and up through

The focus of the forearm/wrist supinating early guarantees the barrel will dump.

Too steep

Theres a spot in between.

The rear arm adducts as pressure is applied to the handle to launch...Then supination and swivel to the ball occurs

May 12, 2016
Not sensitive at all.....I'm fine with me teachings.

Good luck with that. This statement has been posted a lot lately. How is that going to work.

Good luck with what? I'm old, that's what I was taught. Trying to better for my DD by helping her with proper teachings and not using that phrase. However that's what I want her to think when stepping in the box. While training we get a little more technical.

keep_calm_and_relax_png_postcard-r6ecb78b99fc84084bb879a03e53438b5_vgbaq_8byvr_307.jpg

Sep 7, 2017
what do you mean by this?

"But do YOU see the adduction before the supination? "

A really good source is Epstein

Hes had it right all along

He doesn't touch on hip coil and rearward barrel and snap and all of that latest verbiage but hes has it down.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RunnerOn2