The Kelly Barnhill Thread

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Sep 10, 2013
Speaking of Gourley, Northwestern's pitcher was just called for an IP because he left foot was off the mound. Every pitch since her foot has been off the mound. The only thing I can tell that was different was with the IP her foot was about a foot behind the rubber. The rest she's only been a couple inches.

Makes no sense.

same thing with maddy moss TN vs LSU last night. IP called right away. not sure what it was. but Carlson, not 1 IP. very strange. The NCAA and UMPS need to discuss this together...
Do or Do Not? there is no try!

Feb 7, 2013
same thing with maddy moss TN vs LSU last night. IP called right away. not sure what it was. but Carlson, not 1 IP. very strange. The NCAA and UMPS need to discuss this together...
Do or Do Not? there is no try!

Kaitlin Lee (Ole Miss) who beat Florida yesterday is also a skippie. Illegal pitching has become a real problem and is everywhere, from 8U - 18U, HS, college, pros.....I really hope the governing bodies take a close look at why it is so difficult to pitch within the current rules and if/how they can enforce the pitching rules as written? Clearly the current system is not working and an honest evaluation is much needed.

Jun 12, 2015
Is it cheating if the rule enforcers fail to enforce the rules?

Nothing pisses me off more than an unfair advantage especially if the rules are being broken.
If you're speeding but the cop you drive by decides he's not going to pull you over, is speeding then legal? That's how I see it.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Jul 9, 2016
If you're speeding but the cop you drive by decides he's not going to pull you over, is speeding then legal? That's how I see it.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Until the next speed trap you come along and get pulled over for speeding.

Feb 26, 2012
Kaitlin Lee (Ole Miss) who beat Florida yesterday is also a skippie. Illegal pitching has become a real problem and is everywhere, from 8U - 18U, HS, college, pros.....I really hope the governing bodies take a close look at why it is so difficult to pitch within the current rules and if/how they can enforce the pitching rules as written? Clearly the current system is not working and an honest evaluation is much needed.

Illegal pitches and ridiculous strike zones for the younger age groups and high school as well. Some of these called outside strikes are unhittable and would be a HBP if thrown that far inside.

Illegal pitches and ridiculous strike zones for the younger age groups and high school as well. Some of these called outside strikes are unhittable and would be a HBP if thrown that far inside.

You don't think college has a far outside strike zone?

Some of the outside pitches they call strikes in the river must be on the far bank of the Mississippi. At the D1 games I have been to and sat behind the plate it's obvious a college strike zone is very wide on the outside, like consistently a whole ball wider than what I see in DD's games.

Feb 26, 2012
You don't think college has a far outside strike zone?

Some of the outside pitches they call strikes in the river must be on the far bank of the Mississippi. At the D1 games I have been to and sat behind the plate it's obvious a college strike zone is very wide on the outside, like consistently a whole ball wider than what I see in DD's games.

No-not compared to what I see in 12U travel and school ball in our area. The college strike zone is small comparatively.

Nov 12, 2013
maritimes
maybe they should just go with the international rules and have done with it. then everyone could just play. everyone starts from the same spot, jump, leap, skip, do what you want, pitch.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802