The Journey Begins

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 20, 2019
We had a breakthrough on posture last night at practice finally. I noticed she was sort of flying to the landing spot on her drive and was arriving at plant very stretched out. So i asked her to try to consciously put her stride foot down early and good things started to happen immediately. She was able to stay much taller and her backside started following through better. Will try to get some video to show the improvement this week. Thanks @Bonesaw for that suggestion. It appears that was the root cause of the issue.

Last edited:
Nov 8, 2018
To be honest we have been working on posture almost exclusively for many months and I am running out of ideas on how to get this corrected. I would love if anyone has anything specific we can try. This posture issue has been kicking our butt. We introduced the halo thing on top of the head that Pauley suggests and it seems she can manage to keep her head still while monkey butting.....grr

You may want to hire one of these professional coaches on DFP. It can cut the learning curve down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

May 20, 2019
You may want to hire one of these professional coaches on DFP. It can cut the learning curve down.

Don't believe any are close by me. I am 2 hrs east of Raleigh in rural NC. Would love if there was a good I/R pitching instructor in our area. The ones I know of teach HE. This is why I spend so much time here trying to learn as much as I can

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

Jul 16, 2019
Don't believe any are close by me. I am 2 hrs east of Raleigh in rural NC. Would love if there was a good I/R pitching instructor in our area. The ones I know of teach HE. This is why I spend so much time here trying to learn as much as I can
emoji6.png

You really need a coach, someone who could see the problem and stop it right away before the muscle memory kicks in. Otherwise, it will become a habit and very hard to change. Maybe give online class a try?

Sep 19, 2018

try https://tincherpitching.com/instructors
the instructor search is wonky, but there might be options for you. I see a few in eastern NC

Nov 8, 2018

Many do zoom now. It’s effective. Ask around DFP. Can’t find one and I’ll hook you up.

May 20, 2019
Thank you all for the helpful suggestions. We are guest playing for a new TB team tomorrow and will get a lot of circle time. I hope to have some new video to share. Fingers crossed that the recent posture improvements in practice show up on the field..... Will pontificate on the need for an instructor over the weekend as we weren't quite ready for that step yet but it may be necessary. For me and DD the rewarding part is the journey and not so much the destination and not sure if we are in a big hurry to get there ;-) That being said I dont want to hold her back if she is ready to pick up the pace.

Nov 8, 2018
Thank you all for the helpful suggestions. We are guest playing for a new TB team tomorrow and will get a lot of circle time. I hope to have some new video to share. Fingers crossed that the recent posture improvements in practice show up on the field..... Will pontificate on the need for an instructor over the weekend as we weren't quite ready for that step yet but it may be necessary. For me and DD the rewarding part is the journey and not so much the destination and not sure if we are in a big hurry to get there ;-) That being said I dont want to hold her back if she is ready to pick up the pace.

She really needs pro help.

May 20, 2019
We had a phenomenal day in the circle yesterday. All the hard work is starting to pay dividends. Unfortunately a camera malfunction has left me with no video to share....... super bummed about that and a new camera placed on the birthday wish list. She pitched 2 full games and won them both with 14 K's, 3BB, and 3HBP. 103 pitches with 63% strikes on the day.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coach101