The Journey Begins

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Dec 2, 2013
Texas
Keep choppin' wood kid! Lots of kids that dominated at this level that flushed out. Lots of kids that got shelled at this level that are playing D1 ball now. I see lots of potential and heart. It all boils down to the ones the don't quit and keep on keepin' on. If she can get past the walk up the music, she will be awesome!

Nov 8, 2018
I love the energy. She seems to love being on the field. That says something. Keep working hard. Good things will happen

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jun 8, 2016
Update....finally DD has pitched her first part inning in TB. I was proud of her even though she wasnt very effective. She held her composure and was pretty consistent in finding the zone. Other team was a year older and was shelling her due to not much velocity yet. Any suggestions on building velocity for a 50lb runt 10yo :) Warning ....Video below is painful to watch😉

I had no problem watching..On the other hand listening to the other's team's "PA announcer" made my ears bleed.

Nov 8, 2018
I love the energy. She seems to love being on the field. That says something. Keep working hard. Good things will happen

Ps. My advice.
Get her to change speeds and get some spin.
Drop and change. Use Fb , drop , change and she will be more effective.

Oct 26, 2019
I watched the video and I don’t think she got hit that hard. I skipped through some of it, but looked like she walked 2 or 3 batters and hit 2. Cut down on those and that inning plays out totally differently. My DD is similar to yours (same age, similar velo). They are going to give up hits until they learn to change speeds and move the ball around. It’s when you throw those hits in with 5 free passes that an inning gets away from you quick.

May 20, 2019
She was the 1st inning relief pitcher. First girl couldnt find the strike zone and walked the entire lineup. And yes now that we are finally finding some control we are working on speed changes.... mostly slow and slightly slower by ball deeper in the hand. Her hand is too small yet for a change up grip. As far as spin we are still fighting bullet spin and struggling to get 12-6

May 20, 2019
You guys should be second year 10U now right? Why are teams which should be moving up still playing 10U?
We are a 2010 team and this was USSSA tournament and was full of 09 teams playing 10U. I guess it's normal practice here to move up in spring.

Jun 8, 2016
We are a 2010 team and this was USSSA tournament and was full of 09 teams playing 10U. I guess it's normal practice here to move up in spring.
Hmmm..ok. I think the USSSA 2020 season was extended to Aug. 31 so I guess those teams wanted to have their last chance at a plastic trophy in 10U :LOL:

Nov 8, 2018
She was the 1st inning relief pitcher. First girl couldnt find the strike zone and walked the entire lineup. And yes now that we are finally finding some control we are working on speed changes.... mostly slow and slightly slower by ball deeper in the hand. Her hand is too small yet for a change up grip. As far as spin we are still fighting bullet spin and struggling to get 12-6

Can she use a horseshoe grip and throw and handshake change? Pretty easy to throw. Will definitely change the speed.
Do some active pronation drills with the ball by backchaining first. A forced pronation will help get 12-6 spin. She’s just relaxing thru the release. My dd does it and will always get bullet spin.
Just went up to 16u and hasn’t thrown a 4 seam Fb in 2 years.
Rise, drop, change and mix in curve and 2 seam Fb. But R,D,C is very effective and doesn’t really have to deviate.

Last edited:

BigSkyHi

All I know is I don't know
Jan 13, 2020
Update....finally DD has pitched her first part inning in TB. I was proud of her even though she wasnt very effective. She held her composure and was pretty consistent in finding the zone. Other team was a year older and was shelling her due to not much velocity yet. Any suggestions on building velocity for a 50lb runt 10yo :) Warning ....Video below is painful to watch😉

Awesome outing! Glad no one has a video of my 1st game. ;)

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sstop28