The Journey Begins

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 9, 2019
Hummingbird. I remember your dd. And the thread. I think I talked about dry pitching etc.

Try this. Have her do reverse posturing. Meaning, when she drives out have her shoot her hips forward and shoulders back. Back leg need to bend a little too. Do it without a ball. Then with.
Remember with a ball where she throws won’t matter now. It’s a drill to stay on the ground.
This has eliminated my dd leaping problem. It has changed everything from release point, accuracy, speed , soon etc etc.
sooner they stay in the ground the better. Reverse posturing.
Look up Rita Lynn on you tube. She teaches this. That is the only thing I thought was important from her. Her style is different than this forum. But that one thing. Did it. No more leaping.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for this advice. I'll look that up for sure.
So if we can stop the leaping, you think it would also increase her velocity? I didn't realize that would be related.

Nov 8, 2018
Thanks for this advice. I'll look that up for sure.
So if we can stop the leaping, you think it would also increase her velocity? I didn't realize that would be related.

Just asked dd.
What improved when you stopped leaping. ? My timing. I say, what was the end result. ?
More whip. !!!! Ie. more velocity.
So, yeah!!!!

Last edited:
May 9, 2019
Hummingbird. I remember your dd. And the thread. I think I talked about dry pitching etc.

Try this. Have her do reverse posturing. Meaning, when she drives out have her shoot her hips forward and shoulders back. Back leg need to bend a little too. Do it without a ball. Then with.
Remember with a ball where she throws won’t matter now. It’s a drill to stay on the ground.
This has eliminated my dd leaping problem. It has changed everything from release point, accuracy, speed , soon etc etc.
sooner they stay in the ground the better. Reverse posturing.
Look up Rita Lynn on you tube. She teaches this. That is the only thing I thought was important from her. Her style is different than this forum. But that one thing. Did it. No more leaping.

Hi I can't find the video you're referring to. I found Rita on youtube but not the specific drill you're talking about. Can you find it and show it please?

Nov 8, 2018
Hi I can't find the video you're referring to. I found Rita on youtube but not the specific drill you're talking about. Can you find it and show it please?

Ok. Notice my dd on foot plant. She is almost straight up and down.
fc8e59685ab14fde72cd48d085007aad.jpg

Here you can see the hips further out in front. In a reverse posture.
9ae103215d3d57ae308dd0c694d483aa.jpg

In pic one she fell forward. In pick 2 she ended up falling back. Big difference.

May 9, 2019
Ok. Notice my dd on foot plant. She is almost straight up and down.
fc8e59685ab14fde72cd48d085007aad.jpg

Here you can see the hips further out in front. In a reverse posture.
9ae103215d3d57ae308dd0c694d483aa.jpg

In pic one she fell forward. In pick 2 she ended up falling back. Big difference.

Ok so basically stay back, but kind of exaggerate it right?
I will try that tonight. I also found a "drag box" on rita's youtube channel. It promotes keeping the drive foot straight, and not turned, which I believe will help her. I'm going to build one this weekend.

Nov 8, 2018
Ok so basically stay back, but kind of exaggerate it right?
I will try that tonight. I also found a "drag box" on rita's youtube channel. It promotes keeping the drive foot straight, and not turned, which I believe will help her. I'm going to build one this weekend.

Basically yeah. Stay back. Sounds so simple right? It has to do with drinking the hips forward after launch. I would exaggerate at first. Keep in mind. Once the ball goes in the had they will revert. They have to throw the ball but think about the posture. Hard to do 2 things at once. Be patient.

Nov 8, 2018
@uncdrew
We could debate when stacking occurs. IMO it happens at release. In this case we are attempting to get this DD to not leap. By staying back until plant is a good way to focus on keeping the back foot on the ground. As the body moves into release , yes it has to be stacked.

Oct 4, 2018
@uncdrew
We could debate when stacking occurs. IMO it happens at release. In this case we are attempting to get this DD to not leap. By staying back until plant is a good way to focus on keeping the back foot on the ground. As the body moves into release , yes it has to be stacked.

Agreed. Sorry if I skimmed and missed the "correcting a leap" part.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
winters3478