The Ivy League Cancels Spring 2021 Sports

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 16, 2016
Look at deaths per million. That is independent of total population.
You're not bullying me. I want to bully no one. Just discussing facts. No drama, no name calling, just facts. Tell me how Florida and their maskless ways have similar or less deaths per million than shut down California?
I need to be enlighten.

Sigh...

April 1, 2020: Although he’s been reluctant to do so, DeSantis issues a statewide stay-at-home order that will go into effect toward the end of the week.

April 18: DeSantis announces that schools will remain closed for the remainder of the academic year. Florida releases the names of long-term care facilities that have experienced coronavirus cases among their residents or staff.

April 23: More than one million Floridians have applied for unemployment benefits since the pandemic began to affect the state’s economy. Many start to outline what it will look like when restaurants and theme parks do reopen.

May 2: During a rountable discussion at an Orange County salon, DeSantis says he’s working to get salons and barbershops open as soon as it’s safe. He doesn’t give a timeline for when that could happen.

May 16, 2016
Took me 3 seconds to find this , may have taken you the same?

Why would a gov who never shut down his state have to push for "Reopening"? Did you actually read beyond the title on that?

ALLEN: Well, that's right. That's certainly the view of our governor, Ron DeSantis. You know, he's a Republican. He's been very aggressive in pushing reopening since way back in the spring.

Another nugget from your article...

ALLEN: No, Florida never went to another lockdown. According to the CDC, the results haven't been too bad. We've had - Florida's have fewer cases per capita than California. It's (Florida) had more deaths per capita than California.

Last edited:
Apr 28, 2014
I know you're smart enough to understand that Florida is a tourist state. People aren't traveling hence people in Florida are out of work.
Are you seriously trying to insinuate that California handled this better than Florida?

May 16, 2016
I know you're smart enough to understand that Florida is a tourist state. People aren't traveling hence people in Florida are out of work.
Are you seriously trying to insinuate that California handled this better than Florida?

I am saying the information you posted about Florida never shutting down was factually incorrect. End of story.

Sep 9, 2019
DD met and worked out with the team she's committed to but can't go watch them play games. Glad they play in Indiana a couple times. Ridiculous.

Nov 18, 2013

California is the #1 Tourist state in the country. According to Business Insider.

Dont know how it affects Covid policy between the two and don’t care. Just wish you’d discuss softball and stop already with the political nonsense. If you want to talk Covid at least use legit data instead of partisan talking points.

Last edited:
Apr 28, 2014
California is the #1 Tourist state in the country. According to Business Insider.

Dont know how it affects Covid policy between the two and don’t care. Just wish you’d discuss softball and just stop already with the political nonsense. If you want to talk Covid at least use legit data instead of partisan talking points.
Others on here can bring up politics but if I do its a problem. Why don't you tell the others like the woman who brought it up today and called me out to stick to softball? I guess she agrees with your political lean?
Or is that too hard for you?
I guess I lean the wrong way for you and this board. Some people on here are happy if softball is shut down for good. They couldn't care less about the girls. I'll make some people happy and go. I don't contribute enough anyway.
See ya!

Mar 28, 2014

Dont know how it affects Covid policy between the two and don’t care. Just wish you’d discuss softball and just stop already with the political nonsense. If you want to talk Covid at least use legit data instead of partisan talking points.

Others on here can bring up politics but if I do its a problem. Why don't you tell the others like the woman who brought it up today and called me out to stick to softball? I guess she agrees with your political lean?
Or is that too hard for you?
I guess I lean the wrong way for you and this board. Some people on here are happy if softball is shut down for good. They couldn't care less about the girls. I'll make some people happy and go. I don't contribute enough anyway.
See ya!
that's just great, a guy has now run off one of the better posters on the board because he can't can't handle differing opinions. Thanks MnDad!

May 27, 2013
Oh geez, sorry I brought this thread back up. I was ignoring the political stuff and just wanted to share that the NESCAC conference made their decision to compete this spring, never intended for it to go down the political rabbit hole again. I thought this thread had moved on from that.

That being said, I hate to see anyone, even posters who enjoy shaking the snow globe (not referring to BT here, BTW), leave the community. I think most members on here (who actually do post) often share insightful and helpful info the majority of the time (and BT is definitely one of those posters who has probably helped numerous other people with pitching and navigating the recruiting process). If a certain poster truly rubs you (general you) the wrong way, just use the ignore feature and you’ll never see their posts again. It really is that simple. I tend to learn a lot from both sides of a controversial topic when people discuss them on here. But alas, I get that this is a softball discussion board and we really should make our best attempts to stick to that topic.

ETA: I, too, have been known to go off-topic when I am passionate or have a differing opinion about certain things.

Again, my fault, I probably should have started a new thread instead of tagging on to this one.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brkou812