The flute player

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

JOHNN

Just a dad of 3 girls
Aug 5, 2019
South Louisiana
Ok I realize I’m pretty late to the party on this thread, and I feel pretty cheated here. I just had flashbacks of when I went to this girls prom (she went to a different school) about 25 years ago and at the end of the night, I walked her to her door, I leaned in to kiss her goodnight, and she proceeded to shake my hand and thank me for a great night.

I just read 13 pages thinking I’d eventually find out what happened with flute girl but of course that never happened here.

May 2, 2019
Having only read the first 3 responses, all I can say is chillax.

It's 8u and it's rec.

When you sign up for rec (as a player, parent, coach, or admn) most of us with experience realize the first disparity you'll see is the level of commitment.

Whatever the reasons are that she isn't there, just control what you can control in the situation, which is coach her when you have her.

Now, having said all that, for the future (not sure how long you plan to stay with that rec org) but maybe speak to the director of your organization.

I am the director a multi-sport youth recreation level program. Our emphasis is participation i.e. very small rosters (1 or 2 on the bench depending on sport & time structure), low participation fees, minimum playing time rules, encouraging physical activity, and of course having fun. Having said all of this, we have attendance policies for practice and games.

Coaches are required to have a certain number of practices during the season and players are required to attend a certain % of those practices during the week to be eligible to play in the game.

This policy is different from our weekly open gym/field. There isn't any practice, it's just show up, fill out a form, throw on a reversible, and play. This is about kids getting physical activity and playing pick up style games with very limited adult participation.

Parents who cannot get their children to practice consistently and on time are directed to sign their kids up for the pick up games. It's free and all they do is sign a waiver/participation form. Recreation athletics should be fun & memorable, but it does not mean baby-sitting service or come as you please.