The "Enlighten me" thread is closed

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Ken Krause

Administrator
Admin
May 7, 2008
Mundelein, IL
I just wanted to let everyone know that I have closed the thread "Enlighten me on hitting" because the level of conversation was not what we want on this forum. It seemed to be going in a bad direction so I put a stop to it.

Whatever your issues are on other forums, whatever you think of someone else personally or "professsionally," don't bring it here. Stick to the facts or issues as you see them. State your case, offer evidence to back it up. You can say why you disagree with another theory, again as long as you stick to the issues. DO NOT talk about another person or put words into his/her mouth.

If you can't live with that, don't post here. There are plenty of other places for that type of garbage.

May 12, 2008
OK, I remember this guy. We talked about him last summer. Never did find anything on what he teaches.

sluggers

Super Moderator
Staff member
May 26, 2008
Dallas, Texas
My DDs went to Mark Doran probably 10+ years ago. At that time, what he was teaching was pretty radical. Basically, the approach was weight shift, no stride, hands to the ball, finish. He emphasized getting the hands to the ball as fast as possible, so the hands would lead the body. I'm not sure what that means in the world of 'rotational, combinational, linear' batting.

You guys can debate whether his method is correct or not. He produces results. My DDs junior year in HS, she didn't hit when she pitched because she was so bad. After six months of lessons with Mark, she was named Chicago Tribune softball player of the week--because of her hitting, not her pitching.

Sometimes, we forget that coaching is teaching, and good teaching is more important than a perfect theory. Mark is a big BSer and teases the kids like crazy. The kids love him, so they work harder.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sstop28