The days drag but the years fly

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 28, 2014
Today we bid farewell to a super talented group of seniors. I can still remember seeing these kids play at 12u, seems like it was yesterday.
I know that this game brings out many emotions but keep in mind that time really flies by so enjoy each and every moment!

May 27, 2013
Yes......next week will be our farewell to our 2 seniors. The one my dd has played with for the past 4 seasons. She is perhaps one of the best catchers I’ve ever seen play the game. Put the ball out 3 times at 3 AB last weekend in one game, hit 21 HR so far over 5 showcases. She is just so much fun to watch. She and my dd have become good friends over the years - it will definitely be tough to say goodbye. Good news is their colleges are only about 30 min apart so I’ll make it a point to catch her games when I go to see dd at college.

Feb 20, 2020
Just out of curiosity, do you find that a lot of girls play after their senior season? My DD is a rising junior, and she talks about having two years left of club ball. But I would think there's a LOT going on the summer before college, and I just always assumed she'd have other stuff to she'd want to do before she leaves home.

Have you seen most girls who are serious about playing want to get that last season in?

radness

Possibilities & Opportunities!
Dec 13, 2019
Have you seen most girls who are serious about playing want to get that last season in?
Have noticed in recent few years a mixture. Some taking last summer off after graduating h.s. befor going to play in college.
Some playing although already recruited.

Have heard reasonings
Take a body break befor heading to college.
Also
Save $$$$$ from travel team expenses and no need to travel to play.

Even players who could have played on 'top' top tier teams said no thankyou to final t.b. summer. As those teams had several out of state venues on schedule. $$$$$

Last edited:

sluggers

Super Moderator
Staff member
May 26, 2008
Dallas, Texas

"Serious"? For kids who can really play, playing softball is a blast.

I asked my kids one time if they regretted being tied up in sports so much when they were younger. They looked at me like I was nuts. They said, "We got to play all the time. It was great."

My DDs would give anything to be able to play one more TB game with real refs.

May 27, 2013
Just out of curiosity, do you find that a lot of girls play after their senior season? My DD is a rising junior, and she talks about having two years left of club ball. But I would think there's a LOT going on the summer before college, and I just always assumed she'd have other stuff to she'd want to do before she leaves home.

Since being on our showcase team our seniors all have played their final season before college. Just my 2 cents but if I’m a college coach I’d want them playing the best competition they can to keep their skills sharp.

Last edited:

radness

Dec 13, 2019
"Serious"? For kids who can really play, playing softball is a blast.

I asked my kids one time if they regretted being tied up in sports so much when they were younger. They looked at me like I was nuts. They said, "We got to play all the time. It was great."

My DDs would give anything to be able to play one more TB game with real refs.
Completely understand!!!

radness

Dec 13, 2019
Since being on our showcase team our seniors all have played their final season before HS. Just my 2 cents but if I’m a college coach I’d want them playing the best competition they can to keep their skills sharp.
? Does this say your team did not play final summer after graduating h.s.?

May 27, 2013
Meaning our seniors continue to play even after HS graduation before they head off to college. They are playing right now.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brookeshaelee