The best cheap gloves out there?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 6, 2016
Chicago
Wondering if anybody has any recommendations on the best cheap cheap cheap gloves out there.

I deal with a lot of kids from low-income families. My glove spiel to the new players is always "You don't need a $300 glove. Mine was 80 bucks at Dick's, and I love it. But don't go buy the plastic pink $20 glove from KMart." I also tell them to go to Play It Again Sports and look through their used gloves, since you can usually get a decent, already broken in glove for the same price you'd pay if you're going cheap.

Then they go and buy the KMart glove anyway.

So I decided to make a list of the best possible gloves for $60 or less and give that to my new players.

Mostly looking thinking for middle school/high school aged players, though suggestions for our new 10u players are welcome, too.

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
Mostly baseball gloves on this list but the model series should spill over into softball. Something to start the ball rolling?

May 9, 2019
Mizuno MVP prime is pretty decent for the price at around 80 or so.
If you want to go cheaper, the Mizuno Prospect served my DD well from 8u through 10u rec. Cost us about 30 dollars.

Mar 28, 2020
The Mizuno Franchise Series has worked well for my DD.....and I can find those new on Ebay for around 50 bucks....shipping included........

Apr 6, 2017
For parents that don't want to shop I'd tell them mizuno. Mizuno has
gloves at every price level. My girls loved the Prospect series when they started.
When they move in age they need a better glove. $60 your going to have to shop for a sale. Dd vela is a great glove. You can buy them for
$60 on sale right now. That's a great buy and won't last forever.

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
In a lesser priced comparison between All-Star and Mizuno, I’ll personally take an All-Star. But when the roles (prices) are reversed, especially when we’re at the Pro & Pro Limited level, Mizuno every day of the week!

The All-Star Vela for $60, or even $80 for the budget minded parent is a no-brainer!

Oct 1, 2014
USA
The All Star System Seven baseball (FGS7-PT) glove while at a slightly higher price point has worked out great for my DD in the circle. Bought is from JustGloves while it was on sale and wouldn't hesitate to recommend it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802