The Bat Came alive!

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 2, 2017
I want to share what made me and DD's mom's day. DD was at a tourney over the weekend. She was struggling all day long. Just couldn't really get anything going. Her team had a long break before playing the championship game. I said to her during that break, "Allie, I think your bat is going to come alive next game!" So she is lead off, took the first pitch. Second pitch came and she smacks one way out to left field. So here is why I'm writing this, she comes on deck the second time around, and says Dad, with the biggest grin and excitement, "My bat came alive just like you said!" That made our day to see her so excited about getting that hit. After the game she said to us, I cant believe I hit it that far!

sjw62000

just cleaning the dugout
Sep 1, 2018
North Carolina
"My bat came alive just like you said!" That made our day to see her so excited about getting that hit. After the game she said to us, I cant believe I hit it that far!
There's the payoff. Those hot days watching these young ladies work so hard and sometimes being down on themselves; trying to talk them up sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. But when they get to see the fruits of their labor and they feel good about themselves; the day is a little less hot and a lot more fun.

Oct 2, 2017
There's the payoff. Those hot days watching these young ladies work so hard and sometimes being down on themselves; trying to talk them up sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. But when they get to see the fruits of their labor and they feel good about themselves; the day is a little less hot and a lot more fun.

How true that is.