That one time when...

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

radness

Possibilities & Opportunities!
Dec 13, 2019
That one time when (add your story)

That one time when~
Long Beach State was playing UCLA.
The day befor had my wisdom teeth pulled.
Two impacted, one partial, one regular yank it out.
They had this one parent fan who was relentlessly badgering our team.
Bark bark bark.
At one point they were focussed on me,
their lips flapping bark bark bark.
Perfect timing...
While catching, a foul ball went at the backstop near them. (Foul ball triggered my mask to be thrown off)
As i went to retrieve it at the fence, they were directly in front of me.
Looking them in the eyes, grabbed the ball and spit into the dirt a mouthful of saliva and blood.
Then smiled, a grimmacing smile...
with blood in my teeth.
Their eyes popped open, a gasp from the crowd was heard.
I kicked some dirt on my spit.
and hussled back to the plate.

Most of the barking stopped.
:)

(just a side note about masks comming off
i only wore a mask no helmet,
Which came off easily.
And was more probable to get in the way, so i always chucked it.
*Now Catchers helmets with mask are built around our skull. They are much better at staying in place! Much harder to remove. Possibly injur ourselves trying to remove quickly.
Promote leaving them on as protection!)

Last edited:
May 14, 2015
Bismarck ND
..... crapped my pants as a father. DD was 12yo 7th grader playing in the high school state semis. She came up with two outs in the bottom of the 7th, down 1, with runners on first and second. First ball was straight down the can and she froze and took it. Second pitch was a change she took a big daddy hack at and missed. At this point I could hardly stand, all quite down the foul line by myself. My wifes face in her hands. Then bang pitch 3 a sharply hit ball to the green stuff!!! Since then, nothing has been so tough :) oh and they won haha

May 27, 2013
.......I was about 4 mos pregnant playing co-ed ball when I made a play at 2B and a guy from the other team took me out to breakup the double play. I had never seen the guys on my team move so fast as they cleared the bench to go after this guy. Lucky for him he apologized very quickly and they backed off. Nothing like feeling like I had 5 “big brothers” on my team who had my back.

Nov 26, 2010
Michigan
That time (actually it happened 2 diff times) my dd was pitching and bases loaded no outs. Both times it was walk the first batter and then an error and a hit batter. Next batter 3 pitch K, followed by a 4 pitch K, followed by a 3 pitch K.

then there was the time (2 times actually) where she had a no hitter and lost the game. One was a 6 inning game in 10u with 18 Ks.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brookeshaelee