Thank you Bill Hillhouse

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 25, 2010
I would post this on your Facebook, but you're never on there anymore. I would text or call you, but I want other people to know the Bill I know.

When my DD was 10, she decided she wanted to pitch. I don't even remember how we heard about Bill, because we were still a rec ball family at that time. DD had her first lesson with Bill and the deal was sealed. She absolutely loved his goofy jokes and how he could actually do and show her what he was trying to teach her. He always asked her about herself and her life. He would tease and talk to DD's younger sister, whom we drug to lessons. If little sister or Dad didn't attend lessons with DD and I, Bill would always ask about them. Even if he was faking, he always seemed genuinely interested in our family. There were a couple times over the years of lessons, where we were unable to afford that week's lessons and Bill would tell me to bring her anyway. We got the pleasure of watching Bill teaching his son how to pitch and what a great dad he is. We got to watch Bill play in his Tuesday league and in tournament play, and he would always come sit with us and talk. We learned about Bill's family, just as he learned about ours. We gossiped, we vented, we talked about Sons of Anarchy. I can honestly say I consider you a friend.

As Maggie is getting ready to play her last game of HS ball and the likely the last game of her career, I want to thank you for always believing in her. Thank you for your patience in teaching her and in the breaking through of her shyness. Thank you for always speaking well of her. You have become one of her favorite people and we both miss lesson time with you. I pray that your health greatly improves and you can be the Bill we know and have a soft spot for, with a new generation of pitchers.

Crystle

Jan 22, 2011
My DD has never had a lesson with Bill, but I hope she will one of these days. In March 2016 I flew to Indiana for Coach James and Rick Pauly's pitching clinic primarily to meet Bill Hillhouse, even though my wife wouldn't let me take my DD. We only talked for a few minutes, but meeting Bill Hillhouse was on my bucket list. Sorry Rick, Java, and Rich.

I was lucky the Jan of the year my daughter started playing t-ball two friends of mine said they had gone to see Bill at a coaches school in Burlingame CA. I watched him on youtube and eventually got 3 of his DVDs. I even have bought some extras over the years to loan to parents in the rec league I'm involved in.

My favorite story is when I saw a girl I had in 8u working with her Dad first year 10u. He was teaching HE and 'make a muscle'. Next time I saw him I quietly handed him one of Bill's DVDs and said 'This is who I taught my DD to pitch like'. I didn't see them for about three weeks, and next time I saw them, Dad was using Bill's cues to help her correct herself.

My DD has a lot of flaws in her motion she is working on, mostly because of me not fully understanding until I went to the Pauly/James clinic, but without being exposed to Bill, she would be doing a lot more wrong.

When folks ask me for information on pitching, I send them a link to Bill's pitching clinics on youtube and a link to Java's youtube page.

When you are better Bill, lets talk about finally getting you out to Northern California.

Aug 21, 2008
Wow. Crystle and John... wow. I'm stunned. Although, you do realize I'm still alive right? If I do raise enough money for the testing needed (hint hint everyone!!) I will certainly hope Crystle and John will write my obit for me if they tell me I'm dying!!!! lol. I didn't realize Maggie was a senior playing her last game... WOW, where did that 6 years go?? Holy crap!!

Wish her luck, I'll be cheering from a far.

Bill

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802