Texas Longhorns/Miranda Elish

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 5, 2013
Back on the dirt...
WoW! All I can say is wow! What energy and inspiration. Plus her mechanics are stellar. Mixes speed and spin. Comes in from the pen in the sixth and shuts down a team that put 11 on the ‘horns. Plays RF when needed in the line up at the plate. Was leading team in RBI.

.522 BA
4 HR
19 rbi
1.830 OPS
6-0 WL

I didnt like her long delays when batting at Oregon but she has def been an impact at Texas. Fun to watch.

signed,
Baylor Softball Fan

Last edited:
Apr 28, 2019
WoW! All I can say is wow! What energy and inspiration. Plus her mechanics are stellar. Mixes speed and spin. Comes in from the pen in the sixth and shuts down a team that put 11 on the ‘horns. Plays RF when needed in the line up at the plate. Was leading team in RBI.

.522 BA
4 HR
19 rbi
1.830 OPS
6-0 WL

I didnt like her long delays when batting at Oregon but she has def been an impact at Texas. Fun to watch.

signed,
Baylor Softball Fan

She is a very good two way player. I’m glad to see her back after that nasty throw to her face from her own catcher in last seasons tournament.

Horns have come out of the gate strong but may be due to the level of competition this far. We’ll see.

Apr 28, 2019
Elish is a special player and white believes in her. Its amazing what a person can accomplish when someone believes in them.

I guess that’s good Coach believes in her. I think it’s more important she believe in herself.

Any idea why she switched schools? Was it playing time? Home sick? etc...

Oregon is one of those schools in Softball & Football that is always in the mix but can’t seem to get the mix right to win it all. At least in the last decade or so.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
In football, I always considered Oregon gimicky, almost like what Hawaii was when they were good
for those few years with Colt Brennan and later (obviously Oregan is on a batter scale than Hawaii but just
talking about their ability to get over the hump and the losses). They scored 50 points a game and always lost when facing any team with a defense and team speed.

Softball, I dont know if they draw the players like the big softball schools? I dont get to see many games, but
what I have seen.

Apr 28, 2019
In football, I always considered Oregon gimicky, almost like what Hawaii was when they were good
for those few years with Colt Brennan and later (obviously Oregan is on a batter scale than Hawaii but just
talking about their ability to get over the hump and the losses). They scored 50 points a game and always lost when facing any team with a defense and team speed.

Softball, I dont know if they draw the players like the big softball schools? I dont get to see many games, but
what I have seen.

I would say Oregon football has that “speed kills” mindset. Very fast shifty running backs & LB’s. Score a lot of points against average to good defenses. Against the best D’s they struggle and couldn’t get over that hump.

I subscribe to the theories a good defense beats a good offense and good pitching beats good hitting.

My Chiefs proved me wrong by beating a very good SF defense. But more often than not it rings true.

Oregon being in Nike’s backyard is attractive to some kids. They have some of the best training facilities in the country and they get what like 20 different Uni’s to wear?

I personally don’t like green/yellow or find Ducks intimidating but hey to each their own.

May 27, 2013
Any idea why she switched schools? Was it playing time? Home sick? etc...

Oregon had a mass exodus after Mike White left. I believe she, as well as a few other players, followed him to Texas. Oregon wound up losing all three of their top pitchers last year when Elish, Kleist, and Balint left.

Apr 28, 2019
Oregon had a mass exodus after Mike White left. I believe she, as well as a few other players, followed him to Texas. Oregon wound up losing all three of their top pitchers last year when Elish, Kleist, and Balint left.

I see.

I see. Thanks. Makes me wonder what the issue was with White & Oregon.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802