Texas Longhorns/Miranda Elish

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Sep 29, 2014
Different perspectives from different positions in the organizations. Mgt has to have org as top priority.

Players seem to have themselves as top priority. There needs to be a happy medium to keep everybody content.

Given the circumstances it would appear White made the only reasonable choice he had. If your current school places that little value on what you bring to the table let em see how they do when your gone.

I just hate when players/coaches try to renegotiate contracts before current contracts expire. Look we negotiated this previous contract in good faith and we expect you to honor it. We’ll get together when it’s time to negotiate a new deal.

Ah WW who would have guessed you would respond. I’m not on this site for comic relief. Not looking to bust any guts.

I will say in response to your self proclaimed snarky insight you must first look within before you look outward. Ok WW son.

I can explain further if that went over your head and beneath your feet.
Yeah White definitely was not shy about wanting more money but I think what burnt the AD there was that he had basically done the same thing a few years earlier with an Arkansas "offer" leveraging it to get more money from Oregon, I think the AD thought he was just bluffing trying to get more money especially since it was double so they called his bluff (even called Texas to say Mike asked if they would match trying to torpedo the deal) and found out Texas and White weren't bluffing.

Funny thing though White was getting $235K and they ended up paying the new coach $325K....sounds like kids didn't like the culture change with the new coach and with the new rules in place transfers are a lot easier. I think you might start seeing more of this with new rules in all sports...the one year sit out rule really use to put kids over a barrel and some schools are real A@#$% about giving releases. Had a real good friend of mines son play at OU for a few years....basically gets told between his sophomore and junior year he is never going to start (and with Stoops even as third string on depth chart in a 60-10 blowout you still don't even see the field), so he lines up a spot at Houston and Stoops just shafted him told him he wouldn't release him so he had to transfer and sit out a whole year thankfully Houston held the spot and he played there as a senior but it just baffles me that these coaches that sit in your living room and charm you have no second thoughts about kicking you to the curb and stabbing you in the back when you are no longer any use to them.

Dec 2, 2013
Texas
Yeah and college softball is all over the sports news on a regular basis. I don’t think the casual fan would have heard this news I know I didn’t.
Now if you have your finger on the pulse of NCAA as you seem to I guess you would be in the loop.

That’s why I asked questions because I didn’t know the circumstances. Shoot me for not knowing the ins & outs of all 300 or so D-1 programs.
I'll forgive you. Looks like you are new fan to softball. You've almost made it one year!!!

Last edited:
Nov 11, 2019
If y’all get a chance, check out Valerie Cagle from Clemson. True Freshman. Pitcher and Home Run hitter.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brookeshaelee