Terrible human being

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Feb 24, 2021
I wanted to share a situation that occurred last night that I can't believe I actually witnessed. We were playing a 10U Rec league game, at our home field. Right from the warmups I had a bad feeling about the opposing head coach by comments I heard him making to his own girls, things like "miss that ball again and your riding the bench" and "if you don't swing the bat why bother coming to the game". I honestly couldn't believe what I was hearing him say to these young girls that he is supposed to be teaching and helping them grow to love the game! We took the field to begin the game and that's when he started with our girls, as our pitcher was warming up he was talking loud enough for his team to hear saying negative things about our girl on the mound to the point where you can clearly see it was bothering her. It's hard enough for these young girls that are just starting to pitch to stay focused, and part of the game is them learning to deal with the opposing team when they cheer/chant to not let it get in their head. So the first batter came up and our pitcher was clearly rattled by this coach and she hit the first girl she faced. So our catcher who does a remarkable job for a young girl managing the game went and talked to her and whatever she said worked she struck out the next 2. So the coach yells to his #4 hitter, this pitcher is nothing, go up there and wait for your pitch. It definitely got in her head again and she hit the batter, the coach explodes talking directly to our pitcher asking her if he needs to send his batters up with catchers gear on to protect them and a few other out of line comments again directly to her. The ump finally gave him a warning about his behavior. Move forward 2 innings and we have an different pitcher in, to keep it somewhat short he stated all over again with this young girl, at this point he made 2 10 year olds upset to the point of tears, I had enough and told him if he speaks to any of our girls again he was going to have a serious problem. I'll stop venting, I was just so shocked and appalled that a grown man could act/treat innocent young girls the way he did, there is no room for people like this in youth sports of any kind and I really hope he gets what he deserves and is banned from coaching. Thanks for listening/reading!

Aug 19, 2015
Atlanta, GA
Yuck. Unfortunately, this is not the last coach you will see like this. If your DD continues on to travel ball, she will have to be prepared for this sort of nonsense. Pitchers do have it the worst and I always admire these girls for keeping a cool head under this type of insane pressure. #bully #coward #growupbuddy

May 6, 2015
was he on a base? if so, maybe try and have the catcher try to pick off a runner at his base and "miss"? ;)

or possibly simply, as home team, decide that something on the field is safety hazard, and cancel game, then announce to your girls you are practicing tonight on the same field. say by and wave.

Apr 20, 2015
We have an acquaintance that subbed for a 10u team and struck out looking the next at bat the coach made her go to the plate without her bat since she wasn't going to swing anyway. I have never seen anything like that and if that had been my kid we would have walked away immediately at the very least. There are some ridiculous adults out there.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

radness

Possibilities & Opportunities!
Dec 13, 2019
I wanted to share a situation that occurred last night that I can't believe I actually witnessed. We were playing a 10U Rec league game, at our home field. Right from the warmups I had a bad feeling about the opposing head coach by comments I heard him making to his own girls, things like "miss that ball again and your riding the bench" and "if you don't swing the bat why bother coming to the game". I honestly couldn't believe what I was hearing him say to these young girls that he is supposed to be teaching and helping them grow to love the game! We took the field to begin the game and that's when he started with our girls, as our pitcher was warming up he was talking loud enough for his team to hear saying negative things about our girl on the mound to the point where you can clearly see it was bothering her. It's hard enough for these young girls that are just starting to pitch to stay focused, and part of the game is them learning to deal with the opposing team when they cheer/chant to not let it get in their head. So the first batter came up and our pitcher was clearly rattled by this coach and she hit the first girl she faced. So our catcher who does a remarkable job for a young girl managing the game went and talked to her and whatever she said worked she struck out the next 2. So the coach yells to his #4 hitter, this pitcher is nothing, go up there and wait for your pitch. It definitely got in her head again and she hit the batter, the coach explodes talking directly to our pitcher asking her if he needs to send his batters up with catchers gear on to protect them and a few other out of line comments again directly to her. The ump finally gave him a warning about his behavior. Move forward 2 innings and we have an different pitcher in, to keep it somewhat short he stated all over again with this young girl, at this point he made 2 10 year olds upset to the point of tears, I had enough and told him if he speaks to any of our girls again he was going to have a serious problem. I'll stop venting, I was just so shocked and appalled that a grown man could act/treat innocent young girls the way he did, there is no room for people like this in youth sports of any kind and I really hope he gets what he deserves and is banned from coaching. Thanks for listening/reading!
There is no room and yet people put up with it.
And pay/play for it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802