Tennessee Vols

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Dec 11, 2010
Anybody else see Tennessee vs Kentucky last night?

Tennessee put it on them. 10 runs in the rain, idk how many hr’s. They dropped 20 runs on Louisville earlier this fall.

What is the difference? Having a great hitting coach. Chris Malveaux is really good. One thing I noticed was how consistently his hitters hit the ball solidly and in the air. Of course there are no stats but I bet most of the balls they hit were between 15 and 36 degree launch angle. The contact was SOLID. The home runs varied from moon shots to lasers that were never more than 15’ high.

My prediction: Offensively, this is going to be the best team in the SEC.

They also have some excellent pitching.

They are going to have a great team if they can stay healthy. Man, Alabama better work hard, there is a new sheriff in town.

Jun 20, 2015
hitting the ball hard is key. Sure optimal launch angle, blah, blah. batter hits anything fair at 65+mph, good things will happen.

It's fall... lets see how they all look come Spring.

Dec 11, 2010
A team that hits the ball hard with a consistent LA is hitting the ball very well. The quality of contact is there. The hits weren’t balls that landed in the right place to be a hit or got through the infield, they were driven.

I don’t like that hideous orange and imho Rockytop blows. I think they have something going on there though.

The idea that fall doesn’t matter is hilarious. At worst, it serves as early warning. “Fall doesn’t matter” is what you say when your team… struggles in the fall.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802