Temporary home run fencing

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 19, 2012
We are looking at buying a couple of home run fences for our host tournament. We play on various slo pitch dimension fields but have permission from the municipality to install fencing for the tournament.
We are likely looking at the Enduro or Grand slam type fencing-the 314' roll to make a 200' fence.
Does anyone have tips they could offer as to a good supplier, better brand, things to stay away from etc.
Are the ground sockets neccessary -we likely will use at multiple venues so putting a set in the ground and leaving it is less likely.
How long does it take to put up a fence on a fresh field -I would assume you will get quicker after multiple installations but trying to budget the time required.
Appreciate any insight you can offer us.

Apr 1, 2017
I'm not positive on the brand, but we use what looks like Enduro at our home field. Share space with the school district, so fence has to be put up/taken down before and after each game.

We have the ground sockets permanently in the ground. If you are using the fence on multiple fields, I would think you'll need a "socketless" system. You don't want to spend the time getting all of those lined up correctly just to yank them out of the ground after. That said, if you have permission, and the checkbook, you could leave the sockets on multiple fields and just move fencing around. The ones at our field have been in the ground at least 5 years (were there when I started with org), and only maybe 1 or 2 a year go missing/break. With the sockets installed, a couple people can do the fence in 15 minutes.

A not as clean looking option..... we played a tournament where they used the 4' "electric fence" posts and green plastic safety netting. Those posts just have a 8"ish metal spike that goes in the ground, so no socket, etc. Not visually as appealing, but any fence at 200' is better than playing on a 300' fence field/no fence field.

Oct 1, 2014
USA
Check with WarriorMike on here about the Enduro fencing through BSN/Tomark. We haven't had great luck on our HS field due to weather conditions, gym class, deer and elk and have had to replace most of the poles. We have used some temporary fixes the last couple seasons (inserting flexible, fiberglass rods into the original posts) but now need to buy a bunch of replacement poles going forward. The ground sockets weren't really that hard to put in or take out, I expected a lot more difficulty with this part given the rocky nature of our soil. First time through, myself and one other Dad measured and installed in about 2/3 hrs. Keeping it taut and the rolled fencing up to the top of the posts required some regular maintenance. Taking the fence down and putting it back up once the ground sockets are in was a piece of cake. Our field gets waterlogged in spots often also and beware of standing directly over the poles as you drop them in! ;-)

WARRIORMIKE

Pro-Staff Everything
Oct 5, 2009
At the Jewel in San Diego
We are looking at buying a couple of home run fences for our host tournament. We play on various slo pitch dimension fields but have permission from the municipality to install fencing for the tournament.
We are likely looking at the Enduro or Grand slam type fencing-the 314' roll to make a 200' fence.
Does anyone have tips they could offer as to a good supplier, better brand, things to stay away from etc.
Are the ground sockets neccessary -we likely will use at multiple venues so putting a set in the ground and leaving it is less likely.
How long does it take to put up a fence on a fresh field -I would assume you will get quicker after multiple installations but trying to budget the time required.
Appreciate any insight you can offer us.

email sent

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brookeshaelee