Tee drill recommendations

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 10, 2008
Central PA
This is too far forward IMO.

I would agree, Mark. I teach my players to place the base of the tee (we have the standard yellow A-Tech tees) one foot's width (not a 12" ruler foot, but an honest to goodness human foot!) in front of home plate. Again, it's not the length of the foot, but the width of the foot. This translates to about 8-9" from the front of the plate to where the ball is sitting on the tee. That is a pretty accurate distance to hitting an inside pitch that's right on the inside corner of the strike zone. I hope that helps!

Aug 4, 2008
Lexington,Ohio
Mark H, the whip hit comes in different lengths! Mike Bastian has coached on the international level, so has the inventor of the whiphit. Both have stated it is the best training device made. If two Olympic coaches indorse, and many hitting instructors are now using it, not sure I agree with you. I also don't agree with moving kids around in the batters box. That is an issue we are constantly having to fix when we get kids. You are correct many different view points on here, we just don't have to agree with them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cputman12