Teams that join out of state Organizations

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Dec 2, 2013
Texas
This topic has been covered a bunch on here. You have the Firecrackers, The Bombers, Tx Glory, Impact Gold, Mercado A's, Batbusters, EC Bullets, etc. The Bombers used to be the Texas Bombers. They were smart to drop the Texas as they began adding out of state teams to their organization. I just saw this article about this Texas team joining the East Cobb Bullets. As I read the article it says that many of their players have been getting some D1 coach's attention. What is the benefit for this team joining a program half way across the country? Sounds like they were doing pretty good all by themselves. I am not hating on this team, but just wondering why. If they needed the name recognition, why wouldn't they join one of the established Texas organizations? I think the Coach's name carries more weight than the name across the chest. Even though they are joining the EC Bullets, it's like they are still all by themselves since there are no other teams/coaches to work with and lean on in the area. Ex: I need to pull up a kid from your 14U team to fill in for the weekend, joint practices, coach help at tourneys, etc.

I personally love seeing "one off" teams succeeding. Recent teams having success by themselves: Tx Dirt Divas, South Dakota Renegades and Prolific fastpitch is getting some recognition. What other teams have had National level success?

https://extrainningsoftball.com/bre...nO-Xa7Z07aUklxB0QZHFLBBee2iyolUYCR3KYrBXZI4M0

May 27, 2013
I wonder if maybe someone from the EC Bullets org had heard of the team and asked them to come to their org?

We have a few local EC Bullets teams here in the Northeast, as well. The teams I’m familiar with here are made up of mostly girls who played for other orgs that were decent local teams but didn’t have the name recognition. Not quite sure why they didn’t try out for the other already established 18U Gold teams in our tri-state area, or maybe some did. Who knows?

Jul 31, 2015
Not an expert but I can see the benefits of a national name:

- instant name recognition
- better chance at entry into regional and national tournaments
- better chance at playing on fields where colleges will see them
- better chance at IDT, Power Pool, etc.
- coaching help

It's marketing and a psychological trick, but it does seem to work: any Firecrackers team mentally brings up Rico, Angels brings up Tyson, Athletics assumed to be Mercado, etc. until proven otherwise.

Mar 26, 2016
Works for some not for others, TDs know what teams are which for field placement and letting them into tournaments, same with college coaches they know which teams are which and have those relationships.

What it might help for is recruiting kids., IDK maybe it's easier to build of an established name.

May 16, 2016
Illinois
Personally, I think the Firecracker, Batbuster, and Bombers type names have gotten so watered down that it does not make any difference at all anymore. At this point you know if you are playing the real teams.

These secondary franchise teams rarely get placed on the good fields at big showcase events. Everyone has caught on to the name game.

Dec 2, 2013
Texas
Not an expert but I can see the benefits of a national name:

- instant name recognition
- better chance at entry into regional and national tournaments
- better chance at playing on fields where colleges will see them
- better chance at IDT, Power Pool, etc.
- coaching help

It's marketing and a psychological trick, but it does seem to work: any Firecrackers team mentally brings up Rico, Angels brings up Tyson, Athletics assumed to be Mercado, etc. until proven otherwise.
I would say Athletics assumed to be Richardson. LOL! That team is no joke. Mercado traveled to Texas for the Ronald McDonald a few years ago and when we were beating them, he was about to lose his mind. We lost on error.

May 27, 2013
Works for some not for others, TDs know what teams are which for field placement and letting them into tournaments, same with college coaches they know which teams are which and have those relationships.

What it might help for is recruiting kids., IDK maybe it's easier to build of an established name.

Yes and no. I’ve seen high profile orgs enter their Gold teams into a showcase to get the field placement and then the “B” team or worse shows up. Pretty embarrassing for that org when their team is getting beat up on the main fields.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brookeshaelee