Team USA 2020

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 28, 2019
Any thoughts on final roster? I think they nailed it this time and have the best possible team they could field.
Surprised but agree with Ricketts being an alternate. Abbott and Osterman are both lefties and you really don’t need three. Ricketts has better velocity but Cat has better spin/movement. Plus it’s a nice contrast between Abbott’s power and Cat’s finesse.
The only other surprise for me really was I’m drawing a blank but girl from Auburn who has been a mainstay on USA teams recently but is a liability at the plate. IF I believe. Would really enjoy seeing this team play on their tour next season.

Apr 28, 2019
Any thoughts on final roster? I think they nailed it this time and have the best possible team they could field.
Surprised but agree with Ricketts being an alternate. Abbott and Osterman are both lefties and you really don’t need three. Ricketts has better velocity but Cat has better spin/movement. Plus it’s a nice contrast between Abbott’s power and Cat’s finesse.
The only other surprise for me really was I’m drawing a blank but girl from Auburn who has been a mainstay on USA teams recently but is a liability at the plate. IF I believe. Would really enjoy seeing this team play on their tour next season.
My mistake Kasey Cooper was the player from Auburn I mentioned. She was invited to tryout in Jan but not to final tryout in Oct.

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
Amanda Lorenz not making it is laughable. Neither of the Romeros made it either. I was told by an ex player a few years back that it’s political. Some things never change. Munro has never hit, even in college and has become a fixture on the USA roster.

I like Osterman. But come on, give someone else a chance. Move on already.

I really don’t think this is their best effort at their best roster. Jmo.

Apr 25, 2019
A couple of stats I found interesting. Half of the team are pitchers or catchers. Something like 80% of the team was born in California. And 3 players are from my beloved Florida Gators. It's crazy to see the talent that comes out of Cali. Also, it goes to show how important pitching AND catching are to teams.

Apr 28, 2019
Amanda Lorenz not making it is laughable. Neither of the Romeros made it either. I was told by an ex player a few years back that it’s political. Some things never change. Munro has never hit, even in college and has become a fixture on the USA roster.

I like Osterman. But come on, give someone else a chance. Move on already.

I really don’t think this is their best effort at their best roster. Jmo.
You want the best players no matter the age. The Jap team really hasn’t seen Osterman other than this Summer unlike Abbott.
I agree Munro is in for her defensive skills. They have Chidester if they need offensive from the catcher positions.
The Romero’s from what I understand have the option to play for Puerto Rico Nat team I believe.
Everything unfortunately has a political element to some degree.
I like Lorenz she is a pretty clutch player. Having said that she couldn’t get Florida a Nat Championship.

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
You want the best players no matter the age. The Jap team really hasn’t seen Osterman other than this Summer unlike Abbott.
I agree Munro is in for her defensive skills. They have Chidester if they need offensive from the catcher positions.
The Romero’s from what I understand have the option to play for Puerto Rico Nat team I believe.
Everything unfortunately has a political element to some degree.
I like Lorenz she is a pretty clutch player. Having said that she couldn’t get Florida a Nat Championship.

Didn’t know about the Romero’s situation. But wouldn’t that put Rachel Garcia on team Mexico as well? Politics?

My biggest beef is with Lorenz not making it. She was Florida softball. She got them there. The pitcher gagged more than anyone on that team all 4 years in WCWS play. I think she deserves more of the blame if were gonna play that game.

Walton really deserves the blame there imo. Lorenz was the only player that did anything at the plate consistently. A little birdie told me the guy knows nothing about offensive softball and couldn’t teach hitting in the slightest. It truly showed with how consistently inconsistent his offense was. Lorenz was the only ‘player’ on her team.

Didn’t Munro play for Florida? Can’t hit right?

Apr 28, 2019
Didn’t know about the Romero’s situation. But wouldn’t that put Rachel Garcia on team Mexico as well? Politics?

My biggest beef is with Lorenz not making it. She was Florida softball. She got them there. The pitcher gagged more than anyone on that team all 4 years in WCWS play. I think she deserves more of the blame if were gonna play that game.

Walton really deserves the blame there imo. Lorenz was the only player that did anything at the plate consistently. A little birdie told me the guy knows nothing about offensive softball and couldn’t teach hitting in the slightest. It truly showed with how consistently inconsistent his offense was. Lorenz was the only ‘player’ on her team.

Lauren Haegar played for Florida and she hits just fine. They definitely struggled at the plate with consistency.
They were lucky to get that transfer from NC State. What was her name Linderman? It was pretty much her and Lorenz this past season.

Apr 28, 2019

I would agree about Walton & Barnhill. Walton leaned way too much on Kelly. She was a work horse no doubt but she didn’t handle the high pressure situations very well. I believe some of the failures really shook her confidence. You can’t be expected to come through every time.
Would be nice to see colleges use multiple pitchers rather than ride the same pitcher all season. Not every game is a must win.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sstop28