Team Trading Pins

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 14, 2011
Pins are definitely a must...the girls (and parents!!!) enjoy trading them with all the other teams. It definitely isn't necessary to get one per team...with 94 teams scheduled so far to be at the Triple Crown World Series, we'd have to fundraise all year just for the pins! We only ordered about 25 pins per girl (@ $2.48 each). I worked with Allaboutpins.com and they come up with a great design for us (for free!). We are also giving each girl a pin bag so that they can keep all of their pins in one place (about $11 each on Amazon for small bags that supposedly fit up to 50 pins).

I posted a few weeks ago about ideas for gift bags and was given quite a few ideas. We ended up asking each family to contribute one item each using a softball/patriotic theme (since our team name is patriotic!) and gave them some ideas on what to contribute. We ordered nice patriotic bags from Oriental Trading Company along with a couple of other items. Parents are contributing seeds, big league chew, water bottles (with a personalized label), headbands, stickers/tattoos, etc. Well, after all of that organizing, I just found out last night that Triple Crown cancelled the gift bag exchange! So, I've decided to give our own girls the gift bags!

So, bottom line...definitely get pins, but if you are thinking about gift bags, make sure whichever national tournament you're attending is exchanging them, otherwise you'll be left with lots of extra stuff!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802