Team rankings

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 28, 2014
Haha
The 93rd team beat dozens of teams ranked above them. Oh and they were ranked 11th by the real ranking sites lol

Dec 19, 2019
Cool thanks . List is bs though I see some shitty rear teams that played other shitty rear teams and they’re ranked super high

Mar 4, 2015
New England
Rankings can be done, but you need two things - (1) all the scores, or a high majority of them, and that's hard to compile, and (2) a good computer model, and most people don't know what one looks like.

N.C. had state rankings pre-covid that met those criteria, and they were really good, IMO, clearly rewarding (and punishing) teams for their schedule quality. I haven't looked closely at the rankings posted just now, but based on feedback, they likely fail to some extent on both criteria. But I'd give them credit for trying. If they're serious enough about the task and get enough volunteers, something decent could come of it.

May 27, 2013
I just ran across this site. Seems to be pretty good - https://www.travelsoftballrankings.com/

Yeah.....not so much. Agree with others that said they have played several teams higher ranked than they were and have beaten them. Same for us! We’re not even ranked at all!! Especially in the state rankings - have never heard of a couple of those teams and have beaten others listed. Odd. Guess we just never play those teams in games that “count” towards the rankings.

radness

Possibilities & Opportunities!
Dec 13, 2019
How can there be rankings without teams playing 2020?

Saying this about travel in calif.
Calling it 'California Rust'
( :) opposite California gold rush)

Its the teams who have not played tournaments in 10 months.
Or VERY FEW !
While have read on dfp of all the tournys elsewhere being played for months.

From a state that is use to playing year round...and hasnt...

How would California Rust fit into rankings?!

Dec 2, 2013
Texas
Okay I got in. Curious about the methodology. I can tell someone put some work into this. Good job on that. I having taken a deep dive into this. What I like about the usclubrankings.com is that they put emphasis on playing in certain tournaments which basically takes care of strength of schedule. When you play 20 games against to 20 team but have a winning % of 750, and another team that is playing less competitive teams and have a winning % of 950 that team will be ranked higher.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802