Team Practice

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 20, 2018
SoCal
Depends - HS or TB?

DD’s TB team has 2 3.5 hr practices each week plus they are expected to have private hitting/pitching/catching.

DD’s HS team (they play in the fall here) practiced from 3:30 until dark every night and then had to run. They practiced every day they didn’t play M-Sat and they were expected to do a one hr workout after every game as well. (Or more if they lost). Saturday practices were from 8:30am-1pm. And the field was “open” to the girls on Sundays for hitting “on their time” if the wanted. It was frustrating because they still had homework on top of this...makes for a very stressful season. My DD loved it - me - not so much - watching her sleep only 3-4 hours a night.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not sure how long 3:30 til dark is but this is border line abusive and with out doubt ignorant.

May 11, 2019
The problem is the HC saying one thing and doing something else.
Yes. Started out as two and worked in the other two. Not trying to sound like a whiner, but it’s not what we signed up for. Hoping the coach doesn’t ruin the game for my kid like he did his.

Sep 29, 2010
Knoxville, TN
Is the HS season Aug/Sept- July? Huge difference.
You asked a question about practice at any age and I answered. Your child will more than likely practice or play 5 days a week in HS. DDs conditioning and captains practices started after winter break, second week of January and her season ran through April. If you make it to state tourney it ends at the end of May. Not a short season at all.

After reading your other posts, you seem angry about additional practices that weren’t discussed. I can understand that, but it is coming if your DD continues to play in HS and college. Sounds like it’s time to have a discussion with your DDs coach.

May 2, 2018
Central Virginia
Yes. Started out as two and worked in the other two. Not trying to sound like a whiner, but it’s not what we signed up for. Hoping the coach doesn’t ruin the game for my kid like he did his.

Sounds like you may have more issues with this coach other than practicing. Maybe just find a new team or have a conversation with the coach (along with other concerned parents) and try to resolve the issue.

Are all the practices mandatory? I don't think you ever said what age this is. If several other parents are not onboard with this along with you, this seems like an easy fix by just talking to the HC.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sstop28