Team Bonding Games

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 4, 2012
Looking to hold a beginning of season "games" event to get the players laughing, competing and bonding. Looking for obstacle course type and funny skills type games we can set up under the lights out on a field.

Thought about hitting off a tee to a target, pool cue a ball across the field with a bat, etc. What fun ideas are out there? 16u

Thanks

Oct 3, 2011
Right Here For Now
Here's a couple of my favorites although I have a ton more I use.

Towel relay race:

Split your team in groups of 3. For each group have 2 bath towels. Lay them out at the start line so that they are slightly more than a large step apart from each other. On the back one, have all 3 stand on the towel together facing the the one in front. As you can imagine, it will be tight. Each player has to step/jump across to the next towel without pushing the others off or stepping off the towel themselves. Next, the last player has to reach back, pick up the towel and pass it forward to the front player. The front player then lays it out in front and the process continues. If any one of the players steps or falls off the towel at any time, the team has to go back to starting line and start again. First group to the finish line wins.

Pizza Party:

Sit all of the girls at an 8 foot table. Tie each players wrists to the player sitting next to them on both sides so that they make one big circle of players tied together. Place paper plates, napkins, cups, soda and plenty of pizza in front of them. Let them figure how to get the pizza, how to pour their drinks, eat and drink while being tied together on each side to the player next to them. It's hysterical to watch and a ton of fun for the girls.

NBECoach

Learning everyday
Aug 9, 2018
Take them bowling and buy some Pizza and sodas. Put 1 coach on each team if possible.

Jul 4, 2012
Here's a couple of my favorites although I have a ton more I use.

Towel relay race:

Split your team in groups of 3. For each group have 2 bath towels. Lay them out at the start line so that they are slightly more than a large step apart from each other. On the back one, have all 3 stand on the towel together facing the the one in front. As you can imagine, it will be tight. Each player has to step/jump across to the next towel without pushing the others off or stepping off the towel themselves. Next, the last player has to reach back, pick up the towel and pass it forward to the front player. The front player then lays it out in front and the process continues. If any one of the players steps or falls off the towel at any time, the team has to go back to starting line and start again. First group to the finish line wins.

Pizza Party:

Sit all of the girls at an 8 foot table. Tie each players wrists to the player sitting next to them on both sides so that they make one big circle of players tied together. Place paper plates, napkins, cups, soda and plenty of pizza in front of them. Let them figure how to get the pizza, how to pour their drinks, eat and drink while being tied together on each side to the player next to them. It's hysterical to watch and a ton of fun for the girls.
Good stuff! Thanks

Oct 3, 2011
Right Here For Now
Good stuff! Thanks
Another 2 I really like.

Team Tag:

Pair up members of the team. Have them hook their arms together. Pick a pair at random. One will be "it" and the other one will be the runner. The goal is to get to another pair and hook arms with one of them before being tagged. Whichever player is hooked, the player on their opposite side now becomes the runner and must go to another pair and hook before being tagged. If tagged, the former "it" player must hook and the player on the opposite side must run.

The Blindfold Game:

Set up a tee at home plate. Get the team gathered in the pitchers circle. Pick 2 at random and blindfold them. one will be the hitter and one stands behind the team in the pitchers circle to protect them from the hit. Give the hitter a bat and stand them about 10 feet away from the tee. The team now has to direct the hitter to the tee without moving from the circle, Next, the hitter has to hit the ball with directions from the team. i.e. lower swing, higher, etc. Once the ball is hit, the coaches now direct the hitter to run the bases (a step to the right, now straight ahead 5 steps, turn left 90 degrees etc.) The team, again without moving from the circle, now must direct the fielder to the ball. Once the ball is picked up, the baserunner has to stop. The winner is the baserunner that gets the most bases.

As I'm sure you can tell, these all work on team communication skills as well as team building. If you need more, feel free to reach out.

Mar 28, 2020
For the team my DD is on....the girls got on a message board and planned a get together. Then in groups approached the parents to get buy in......at first we were like....hold on......you can't plan something then ask us later....but the fact that 11 girls age 11 got together and planned the outing was amazing......they had so much fun......they went to a in door jump house type place (it had obstacle course and a dodge ball rink) then to the park afterwards with boxes of cicis pizza......cheap and fun.....they were a team at that point....

Then when the new girl joined they got together and planned a out door-- every parent bring a side--- bar be que........lets say the new addition is loving the team.....

Maybe consider asking the girls ...... when its their ideal its so much fun

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802