Team ACT test prep

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 12, 2021
Coach of an '08 TB team here. We have been integrating some college recruiting (early steps) into our practices. I was wondering if anyone has done a team ACT/SAT test prep program. Any successes, advice, or pitfalls of trying something like this?

Apr 20, 2015
With so many schools going test optional on their admission i would be interested to hear from some of the 22 and 23s if these tests even need to be taken at all?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Aug 25, 2019
With so many schools going test optional on their admission i would be interested to hear from some of the 22 and 23s if these tests even need to be taken at all?

I told my DD to take both, if she scores well, use them, if she doesnt, don't use them.

May 12, 2021
I told my DD to take both, if she scores well, use them, if she doesnt, don't use them.
That's what I'm hearing as well. I suppose it's useful if you can score high enough to secure academic monies to help keep money in the program pot for recruitment.

Dec 2, 2013
Texas
Coach of an '08 TB team here. We have been integrating some college recruiting (early steps) into our practices. I was wondering if anyone has done a team ACT/SAT test prep program. Any successes, advice, or pitfalls of trying something like this?
Who's conducting the test prep? Who is paying for it? How much? DD had a private tutor for ACT prep. Taught her lots of tricks. Her score wasn't high enough (needed a 33) for academic monies at her school, but would have landed lots of dough at other schools.

Sep 9, 2019
Test scores helped with pre-reads and initial monetary numbers. If going high academic, take them.

Nov 5, 2014

Definitely take them! While many schools have gone test optional for admission most/all still use them to determine academic aid. Playing an equivalency sport like softball means very few non pitchers will receive a full athletic scholarship so academic money is a huge piece of the puzzle for student athletes as well as the coaching staff constructing their roster

Jul 31, 2015

08 test prep - ?
For 7th graders?

May 27, 2013
What do you mean by “team” ACT/SAT prep? The whole team goes with the same test prep provider together? When the time comes, I would strongly encourage individual test prep vs group. Much easier for the tutor to focus on individual strengths and weaknesses. Be prepared, though - test prep can be pretty expensive depending on who you decide to go with.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fjhood