Teaching the high level pattern

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Seasoned at what?

Whatever he thinks he knows didn’t work

Seeing videos over the years of his daughter. She looks like she's a damn good ball player to me. Seasoned as in he's been around for years and answers people's questions on a regular basis. Helps people on here that are new or have been around for years. His daughter's journey is his business not yours. No reason at all to slam the dude nor claim he or she are less just because she chose a different path. Should he not chose to showcase her journey over the years just because she may choose to not play in college. That's not very fair.

Cannonball

Ex "Expert"
Feb 25, 2009
This troll lives a pathetic life. It is Friday night and this troll has to come on here attempting to be clever and push our buttons. The truth is, this troll doesn't have a life. It is sitting in some basement laughing and thinking how much fun it is to have anyone respond to them. It will be gone soon enough.

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
Journey to what?

The Journey of life. Softball should be fun. Always trying to get 1% better at everything in life. What hard work did growing up for my niece has been amazing. Amazing mother, amazing kids (all girls). She learned how to apply that to college and her career. She has everything, home, new cabin, new huge speed boat, camper trailer parked in the shop her husband built, amazing and funny husband that can do everything.

She inspires me, not just being able to afford all the stuff. that stuff is used for family time. And they do use it for that reason. Like the Cabin, makes it a short trip to Ski, which they do all the time. And beautiful wilderness all year long. Small little touristy town. Moose walk the streets.

One of my great nieces I coach says she likes winter the best. A softball player saying that, the nerve of her. She likes it best because of skiing.

So in a nut shell, hard work pays off.

Last edited:
Mar 19, 2009
Southern California
I know the post is a bit long but I’d like to finish what I started. The coil and lower half is the second part of the HLP. Here is an example of Kayden learning how to use her legs and lower half to coil. She still learning and her timing is off but a good example to see a work in progress. BTW thanks for the positive DM over the last couple months.

TDS

Mar 11, 2010
I know the post is a bit long but I’d like to finish what I started. The coil and lower half is the second part of the HLP. Here is an example of Kayden learning how to use her legs and lower half to coil. She still learning and her timing is off but a good example to see a work in progress. BTW thanks for the positive DM over the last couple months.

Mike, a pretty good fyb position using both legs as supporters while swinging "down to" using the middle.. I don't know that I see any HLP pattern here. Also looks like the shift is out of the way which is a good thing as well.

aDgA1Fi.gif

Cannonball

Ex "Expert"
Feb 25, 2009

Mike, thanks for this thread. I really like the video. I do a similar drill. It is so important for hitters to understand the sequence that this teaches. I am certain that you do but IMO, it is important to follow up work like this with the hitter hitting a few balls as if they were in-game at bats. Again, really nice work. Thanks!

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
If you want to feel/create stretch. Get the upper going back against the lower going forward(afterward). Just know that the upper segments load thereafter. Manufacturing stretch isn’t it imo. Notice the entire sequence. He isn’t opening anything prematurely. It’s all sequential ROM mostly. His hips open more/earlier bc of pitch location.

Side note: quick stretch is found back against the forward. Running start.

1660693290655.gif

Last edited:

TDS

Mar 11, 2010
Thanks, we’re looking for more stretch. Here is some of today’s swings.

Mike, I like the drill.. Something you almost have to do when hitting off a machine with no arm action to time. The more you do the drill the more she will begin to own/feel the position of leverage.

The position gets her closer to closing the gap (core contraction) using both sides.

http://i.imgur.com/2V0Tvtu.gifv

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brookeshaelee