Teaching pitching to

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 21, 2008
;) you mentioned free video's
But assumed the instructor needed them. Just pointed out
its megobee who needs them.

Going to point out
AGAIN whomever the instructor is HASNT EVEN HAD ONE CLINIC to be interpreted!

Hilarious my first word
on this thread
Last word
Hilarious!

Free videos based on her answers is a far cry from just offering someone something because you think they are clueless!

I am going to agree, I think maybe some of this has gotten out of hand since we're talking about a possible one time thing at a 10U level event. Most of the time it turns into dodge ball as the catchers avoid the ball thrown next to them and the kids have little to no body awareness to follow any instruction (no, not all kids.. I'm speaking generally).

But I still don't think it's unreasonable to ask someone their thoughts on things before taking your kid. The OP seems to know what this instructor is about, believes in, and teaches. RAD keeps saying this instuctor hasn't even had ONE CLINIC to be interpreted. Obviously that's not true since this thread started based on what he knew this coach was all about and how he should handle it.

If you KNEW your kid's teacher was going to teach that 2+2= 5, would you want him/her to go to that math class?

Sure, I'll send Mego the videos... and the bill to RAD!!! ha ha ha.

Bill

Feb 8, 2019
“Sure, I'll send Mego the videos... and the bill to RAD!!! ha ha ha. ”

Bill-thanks for the generous offer!
Rad- I know how to pitch, and i already have a couple Hillhouse Vids and have taken DD to him for lessons a couple times.
DD would be the better instructor but shes not available

Bill’s undersranding of the situation is correct.
shes a sweetheart and will do fine!
i’m good, thank you all for your responses

BigSkyHi

All I know is I don't know
Jan 13, 2020
We will be implementing a pre-season clinic to teach pitching to kids at the U10 level. The woman who will be leading it is somewhat old-school and a strong believer in working on speed first and the accuracy will come later.

When teaching kids who are really beginners, my thought is learn how to throw first, then after knowing how to throw well Enough to play catch, you can work on speed (or whatever).

can those of you who have developed pitchers from a young age chime in on whether or not there is a sequence that works best For taking kids from knowing nothing about pitching to being able to play in a game without walking the side?

TIA
Why not teach both at the same time. Just bring it to a target smaller than the ball every time while concenrating on the mechanics.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802