Teaching hitting Carrier/Bustos approach

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 8, 2016
The bat ends up at the pad and fingers. The index finger the hook controls the sweet part of the bat. If you hold a bat and go to impact and stop. Have someone push the sweet part of the bat with one finger. It will give. Slop in your hand between thumb and first finger. Now use this grip perform same test. You wont be able to push bat back.
The ball rockets off the bat with this grip.
If the exit speed increased, the bat velocity increased. How you are gripping the bat at impact has little to no influence on exit speed.

Aug 1, 2008
ohio
If the exit speed increased, the bat velocity increased. How you are gripping the bat at impact has little to no influence on exit speed.
Just telling you what I witnesses at clinics, later ones I worked a station for them. I know after some lessons, my girls love the grip and would not go back. They also say how much harder they hit a ball now. Happy Turkey day....:)

Jun 8, 2016
Just telling you what I witnesses at clinics, later ones I worked a station for them. I know after some lessons, my girls love the grip and would not go back. They also say how much harder they hit a ball now. Happy Turkey day....:)
Maybe their bat speed increased with the grip 😉

Aug 1, 2008
ohio
GRIP:
I teach them to use a rubber mallet first. Its just like a hammer, Except safer. I am a union carpenter...:)
If you hold a hammer in your palm, (like your bat) you suck at driving a nail or driving the sweet part of your bat. Too much play in the v of the hand between thumb and index finger.
What the kids do automatically when swinging a mallet sideways they use index finger for control. Light bulb goes on. Why not use my bat like that and hammer the ball the same way.

SL

Jun 8, 2016
I am more Barry Sanders than Deion Sanders but to each their own..If he gets to act like that when she hits a HR then a pitcher's Dad gets to act the same way when his daughter K's her... 🤷‍♂️

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sstop28