Teaching a High Level Swing

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 12, 2008
obbay, I like your idea of stopping at contact, this give you a chance to check your position. I have found a good way to do this is to use a old punching bag or something that will stop the bat at contact but allow you to still go hard to contact point.

Stop swings with or without a bag are an excellent plan. As to Candrea his materials done with Slaught are much better than before. Probably no worse than the third best available now. Love the software. Use the MLB provided clips. MTS's suggestion is great but lacks detail. If you understand all the implications of his statement you will be ahead of most. Analysis

If anyone wants more detail just ask.

May 7, 2008
"third best"

Okay, I bite - (not arguing): who, in addition to Englishbey, would you put on the list above Slaught, et al? Thanks.

May 12, 2008
Well Williams and Dixon ought to be on everyone's reading list. I haven't yet seen Yeager's stuff but some speak highly of it though apparently some of his swing exposition/explanation is cheesy IMO. Epstein has huge flaws IMO. Mankin makes some very good points but his top hand torque ideas is a snake he can't quite figure out how to let go of without getting bit. The ML clip library and structured comparison protocol of Right View is a great thing thouigh you can do it for a lot less with other programs and make your own elite hitter clips. The Right View swing exposition is better than most though the rock skipping cue is Don's snake he can't let go of. Careful of hip slide and the drills I don't care for for the most part.

May 12, 2008
The Science of Hitting-Williams

The Exceptional Athlete-Jim Dixon

The latter book is out of print but available from his son or at some libraries.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
3girlsDad