Teacherman? and fastpitch

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

TDS

Mar 11, 2010
Just think if the rear leg would slip the rear hip with authority that ball would still be going :LOL:

Last edited:
Jan 28, 2017
Timing a moving ball either way... Your first job is to time the pitcher. Then you time the ball. Doesn't matter if it is baseball or fastpitch.
[/QUOTE]

I’m asking how would TM time a fastpitch pitcher. Me as a player timing was never an issue. My athletic ability was my major problem. No way I should have been offered D1 scholarships (not full). Played JUCO.

DD is a much better athlete but has trouble timing a pitcher. TM has some pretty simple timing mechanisms for baseball but I have never heard him state how he would time a softball pitcher.

Oct 26, 2019
somewhat agree but hand sep

I’m asking how would TMl in time a fastpitch pitcher. Me as a player timing was never an issue. My athletic ability was my major problem. No way I should have been offered D1 scholarships (not full). Played JUCO.

DD is a much better athlete but has trouble timing a pitcher. TM has some pretty simple timing mechanisms for baseball but I have never heard him state how he would time a softball pitcher.
Does your DD have a prepitch rocking rhythm or is she standing still in her stance? Just curious. I call it an “internal rocking mechanism”.

Jan 28, 2017
Does your DD have a prepitch rocking rhythm or is she standing still in her stance? Just curious. I call it an “internal rocking mechanism”.

She was killing the ball and then Covid came. Moved to a new team and they broke out the pitching machine and before I knew it she went no stride. Very little movement and can’t find the before rhythm. Very good point. I’m not against a pitching machine but I always had more trouble hitting off of them. She hits really good off a machine. We are wired completely different

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
When loading against a machine or pitcher. It must be done the same way every time. There are a few absolutes to me when doing this.

the hitter must go back w resistance and come forward with counter rotation. Reactive counter rotation is the result of this resistance.

This in turn creates the stride and reactive loading of the middle. It gets you off the backside and more into a position to time and adjust if needed.

1610197231665.gif

1610197390204.gif

Edit: for both baseball and softball

1610197564829.gif

Jan 28, 2017
When loading against a machine or pitcher. It must be done the same way every time. There are a few absolutes to me when doing this.

the hitter must go back w resistance and come forward with counter rotation. Reactive counter rotation is the result of this resistance.

This in turn creates the stride and reactive loading of the middle. It gets you off the backside and more into a position to time and adjust if needed.

View attachment 20659

View attachment 20660

Edit: for both baseball and softball

View attachment 20661

if you jack a pitching machine up to 62 and she hits off of it for a day, she kills the ball. Foot down way early and she is strong.

When hitting live she is late.
I was always the opposite

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
if you jack a pitching machine up to 62 and she hits off of it for a day, she kills the ball. Foot down way early and she is strong.

When hitting live she is late.
I was always the opposite

then it’s the load itself. It could be inefficiency or imbalanced. My post was about what you should look for during the load up until foot down. If those are present I would look elsewhere like time to contact metrics. It could even be mental. In the box, Trust what you got and go see the ball.

Aug 20, 2017
You need to figure out the style of load that your DD is most comfortable with. Bonds uses a toe tap. Sosa too. The majority use the knee lift. Some load styles are quicker. Some take a little longer. What style loads are y’all using?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brookeshaelee