Teacherman? and fastpitch

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 8, 2016
Trout, has some good balanced UFA's as well.

TepTuuk.gif
Right, I was just talking about the original topic e.g. at what point should you be able to launch if necessary. Betts and Trout, while both phenomenal athletes, appear to be different types of "movers". If you look at the young lady in the cage that was posted, while she gets "loaded" early like Trout, she doesn't appear to have that little extra at launch that Trout has. It looks like she swings from a "static" load if that makes sense.

So to compare, in my eyes, Betts load is continuous, Trout gets 3/4 loaded at pitch release and then has a dynamic component at launch while the young lady is almost completely loaded at pitch release with very little dynamic loading occurring at launch.

Last edited:
Reactions: TDS
Jul 16, 2013
Pennsylvania
Right, I was just talking about the original topic e.g. at what point should you be able to launch if necessary. Betts and Trout, while both phenomenal athletes, appear to be different types of "movers". If you look at the young lady in the cage that was posted, while she gets "loaded" early like Trout, she doesn't appear to have that little extra at launch that Trout has. It looks like she swings from a "static" load if that makes sense.

So to compare, in my eyes, Betts load is continuous, Trout gets 3/4 loaded at pitch release and then has a dynamic component at launch while the young lady is almost completely loaded at pitch release with very little dynamic loading occurring at launch.

Good post @pattar. To me it's about timing the load into the unload (pick your phrase...), which can be done differently by each hitter as you explained so eloquently. That dynamic component is very important. So while stating "get your foot down early" may not be completely incorrect, it could also short circuit the entire timing mechanism if you are not careful. In short... dynamic = good. static = bad.

Jun 8, 2016
Good post @pattar. To me it's about timing the load into the unload (pick your phrase...), which can be done differently by each hitter as you explained so eloquently.
Right. To me, doing it like Trout would appear to be “easier” from a timing perspective but again that sort of movement pattern may not be optimal for somebody like Betts who seems to be “looser” in his movements.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802