Teacherman? and fastpitch

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

TDS

Mar 11, 2010
Rich has no clue how the HLP's move.. He attempts to organize all movements around the rear leg.. The rear leg is important but its only part of the equation unless it drives the swing...

zubKVpg.gif

TDS

Mar 11, 2010
What’s is he doing? It looks like a lot of momentum and very little stretching. Gives up the coil early.

He's pulling the bow back against his forward move (catcher/pitcher).. Lacking up-front balanced actions.. The coil You and Rich put all your emphasis on is a forced action to keep the weight back until the rear leg burst through the rear hip to power the swing...

The best are swinging "down to" using the middle not the rear leg.

J1c5pt0.png

VyPOGHT.gif

I3lbNro.gif

4UzzfVL.gif

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
Someone mentioned it earlier. She gets a good stretch but then sometimes has a second stretch. When hot only one stretch. Timing not a stretch problem, IMO.

I noticed today that she tends to let her top hand wrist go limp/down at contact. Palm up- if she pointed her fingers towards the pitcher-she would point down to her feet. Turns the barrel good but then doesn’t follow the knob late. Not timing.

a video would make this a lot easier. It’s kinda dangerous to ask for advice, then go experimenting etc etc. BUT if there are two stretches, that to me is an early upper body load which in turn creates a top down swing with the upper committing earlier than needed bc of two things.. it’s slower(using the shoulders for speed)and it’s longer(casty).

in my mind, it explains why she is so streaky and can’t adjust her release. This will be the last I comment on this, just bc I haven’t seen her swing.

Jun 5, 2019
What is he doing? It looks like a lot of momentum and very little stretching. Gives up the coil early.

Notice how his hands get to the fully loaded position before he moves forward. His leg is up his hands are loaded and then he advances forward. ABAF. He is creating stretch but that stretch in the frontal plane.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rathouse