Teacherman? and fastpitch

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 28, 2017
If you start your load when the hands separate and are finished at release (baseball), how does this carry over to fastpitch with different motions?

Jan 28, 2017
I understand what he’s saying but when would you begin your load in softball with out of the glove and swing back styles? I know early but baseball separating hands is pretty simple

Last edited:
Apr 2, 2015
Woodstock, man
Baseball and fastpitch hitting should be the same. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise. (My son and daughters played) Just make sure your front foot is touching when the ball is halfway there. (ex. .400 sec for the pitch, .200 for the swing)

Jan 28, 2017
Baseball and fastpitch hitting should be the same. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise. (My son and daughters played) Just make sure your front foot is touching when the ball is halfway there. (ex. .400 sec for the pitch, .200 for the swing)

Swing the same but timing is different, IMO

May 24, 2013
So Cal
I understand what he’s saying but when would you begin your load in softball with out of the glove and swing back styles? I know early but baseball separating hands is pretty simple

Study the pitcher before you step in the batter's box. Figure out your start timing in the on-deck circle or - better yet - in the dugout. The general rule of thumb I use is "ball in the air, foot in the air" (begin your forward move on pitch release). Work backwards from that point to figure out when you need to start your earlier moves without being rushed.

Sep 19, 2018
With the caveat that each is hitter is going to be different. AND each hitter will then adjust based on the pitcher.
I think a starting point for young hitters to start to load is when the pitchers hands reach 3:00, or are pointing at the batter.
I think it is better to start early and learn to control the move or learn to wait; than late and rushing or learning to start earlier

TDS

Mar 11, 2010
If you start your load when the hands separate and are finished at release (baseball), how does this carry over to fastpitch with different motions?

If trying to match the best movement pattern..........

It doesn't you're loading (stretching)reactively while getting into a leveraged fyb hitting position and then swinging (contracting).

8a0mbNa.gif

IY36z3t.gif

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coach101